The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have leftover fleece from making a set of polo wraps, that I have nothing to do with. It is blue plaid and I have just a little more than 1 yard by 2 and 1/3 yards. I need ideas for more toward the simple side of things to make. I thought of making a saddle pad, but it is far too complicated, and requires me to go out and buy other materials. Please give me some ideas of what I can make!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, Klassic Superstar. :)
Shauna, most polo wraps are 5 inches by 9 feet. So, you're going to need enough fleece to make four of those. The lady I bought my fleece from charged me for 2 1/2 yards, but that makes two sets of polos. (8 polo wraps total). So you just need to cut a strip 5 inches wide, and when you cut that strip, that will be your polo wrap. All you have to do is sew the soft side of the velcro 6 inches in from the edge. Then, sew an inch of the rough side of the velcro on the OTHER side of the polo wrap. I also recommend using a polo wrap you already have as a reference. And this will be a ton easier with a sewing machine just to let you know.

Anyone else have ideas of simple things I can make?

·
Registered
237 Posts
You could make a fleece cooler, maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts