The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently rent pasture from a friend of a friend. I pay $100 a month er horse. The only thing he does is take them water everything else I do. We have no written contract it's just month to month. It was great as it was close to home and my second job. I have recently quit my second job and am looking for another one. The only problem is the best place to get hired is in town. I will have to drive out to feed the horses and then drive all the way back to go to work. I have found a few that are close to the area where I would be working. The only problem is that I have no Experiance what so ever with anything like this. I am very awkward with people wich worrys me. So any advice is appreciated:). I have so far found two places that would work. There is a total care that is $425 for paature. It's is big and I'm scared I may be intimidated by it. The other one is $150 for pasture. I'm not sure as to what they do as it didn't say but I think it's a full care. It's smaller and not so scary to me. Lol :) any thoughts or advice are appreciative :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
143 Posts
If I were you, I would stay where you are right now. It is hard to trust people with your horses. If it is really necessary to move, dont hesitate to ask a LOT of questions to each boarding barns and see which fits your and your horses needs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do you like where you board? If the only issue is feeding perhaps you can see if your BO would be interested in dropping feed for your horse morning and night, in exchange for a higher boarding fee. You'd be paying more at these other facilities anyway, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mind where I am at right now. I don't see the bo very often as we work different shifts. When I first started boarding with him he made it very clear that the only thing he was willing to do was water and he has begun to complain recently about that. Yesterday they had no water so I'm a little worried. He has been talking about using the pasture for hay but he can't with the horses. I'm hoping I can stay until I find another job so I know what area to look in.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.