The Horse Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Yes. If something is hers/his, then it is hers/his and the significant other has no business trying to get rid of it without the other knowing.

It does strike a more personal chord because the issue is a horse but the philosophy is still the same. A person's property is theirs and theirs alone and no one has the right to dispose of it without the permission of the owner. I could care less if it was a man or woman being taken advantage of like that.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I am not defending his acting and as I said earlier he is no more than a horse rustler. But if it was a wife wanting to get rid of her husband's golf clubs, hunting rifle(s), or his annoying hunting dog. Would you feel this diehard about it? Or is it just becuase it is a woman that is the victim here or it is a horse?

The lack of respect to her is sickening by that guy. But, if the shoe was on the other foot would it be as bad in your minds?
I would NEVER sell my partner's possessions, and the same vise-versa. if that happened, it would be over, or at least there would be serious consequences. it's just ridiculous.
so I would definitely be as bothered either way, particularly with the dog example...
it's her horse. it's not his to sell. even if he had bought it it would be her horse, seeing as he clearly acknowledges that the horse is hers. he can't just decide to sell him, no matter what the reason.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
ps I have to add the comment..you could have titled this "this could be grounds for div-horse"!
xD I had to. it was right there!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would never sell my SO's stuff, and he would never think of selling mine. I would KILL over my horse.

On the other hand, if he becomes an ex and doesn't have everything out within about a month it is no longer his stuff...and I would sell it. There was a neighbor of mine who had to deal with that, and he left it at her home for over a year before coming back to finally get it at night. She never even changed the locks!!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
once he,s explained to the wife that he,s done it for her she willl be ok most women are reasonable once you spell it out
Have you ever met a woman? They are the ones with boobs and makeup.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Even though I don't know the full story, but if anyone tried to sell my horse then well . .. . I'd steal my horse back then "sell" or pretend to sell something they love the most.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am not defending his acting and as I said earlier he is no more than a horse rustler. But if it was a wife wanting to get rid of her husband's golf clubs, hunting rifle(s), or his annoying hunting dog. Would you feel this diehard about it? Or is it just becuase it is a woman that is the victim here or it is a horse?

The lack of respect to her is sickening by that guy. But, if the shoe was on the other foot would it be as bad in your minds?

Good point, and there are plenty of women who have sold things without their husband's knowledge or consent...

Have you ever met a woman? They are the ones with boobs and makeup.
:lol: are you here all week? the veal's terrible!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

It's totally wrong to try to get rid of your SO's possessions period, but golf clubs or a rifle are far less significant than a living animal. I wouldn't be nearly as disturbed if it was something like that because those things don't know the difference and can be easily replaced (but it still doesn't make it right). It would be horrible of a wife to get rid of her husband's dog, however.

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
It's totally wrong to try to get rid of your SO's possessions period, but golf clubs or a rifle are far less significant than a living animal. I wouldn't be nearly as disturbed if it was something like that because those things don't know the difference and can be easily replaced (but it still doesn't make it right). It would be horrible of a wife to get rid of her husband's dog, however.

I understand what your mean, but some things like a gun that was given to them by their grandfather or an close friend, can't be replaced.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Without having read previous posts:

I would rather call the husband and have him reconsider. If you called the wife, then we KNOW there's going to be havok. Instead, I'd call the husband in this case.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I understand what your mean, but some things like a gun that was given to them by their grandfather or an close friend, can't be replaced.
i would love to write something smart to agree with you kentucky bu i think i,ve ppushed it as far as i dare but good luck to you lol

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I think I would be tempted to call his house several times until his wife answered and then start asking all kinds of questions about the "for sale" horse. If he was my husband, that would not only be a divorceable offense, that would be a killing offense. I feel sorry for any buyer that actually gets that horse because sooner or later, the wife will try to get it back and if the husband has no legal ownership of the horse, she could get it back from the buyer.
hahahahahah that's hilarious, love the honesty, so funny!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know this is supposed to be serious subject but I have laughed my **** off! Jimmy - a fellow smarty pants - heh heh awesome!

I am very lucky my husband has come to understand and accept that there are three of us in this marriage, me, my horse and him.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts