The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
thats terrible!! ugh i cant even imagine a barn fire happening at my barn, the poor horses trapped inside. just a little whiel ago a barn near us burnt right down the the ground, luckily there were no horses inside, but its scare because i know the family that lives not 20 meters from the barn, and they slept throught the whole thing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I heard about that :(
It's horrible..

I live in Ohio.
Terrible, horrible loss..
I don't know what I would do if I ever lost what I have now..

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just posted that on a different thread. Oops.

That's one of my 4H barns :(
We were already overcrowed this past year, now what are we going to do? Loosing that barn lost us 80 stalls, when were were just doubling up mini's because we had more horses than stalls.

I was up at the fairground this morning and saw it. I almost cried. There is nothing left of it :'( I can hardly read the news articles... I just can't believe that this happened.

It's truly heartbreaking when you understand the loss.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just posted that on a different thread. Oops.

That's one of my 4H barns :(
We were already overcrowed this past year, now what are we going to do? Loosing that barn lost us 80 stalls, when were were just doubling up mini's because we had more horses than stalls.

I was up at the fairground this morning and saw it. I almost cried. There is nothing left of it :'( I can hardly read the news articles... I just can't believe that this happened.

It's truly heartbreaking when you understand the loss.

This is my county fairgrounds too. The barns are insured so they will most likely be building a new barn.
However, All the people and horses lost can never be brought back :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh my goodness! Oh gosh that is HORRIBLE!! :shock:
Oh my thoughts go out to everyone there!
That must be such a painful shock!! >_<

·
Registered
475 Posts
That is absolutely tragic. In california we have lots of fires. During the cedar fire my friend's ranch burned and she could only save two horses. She was on her way back to pick up six more when she was stopped by a cop telling her she couldn't go any further. She lost her house, her ranch and the rest of her horses. I'm scared to death of something like that happening to my ranch.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can't imagine knowing my horse perished in a fire. What a horrible way to go.

This is so horrific. My thoughts are with the owners and the families of the two people who were killed as well...

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Just saw this article. That is heartbreaking...

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I have been at horse shows countless times when I see people smoking in the barn. Even when no smoking signs and common sense tell you not to.
I wish people that smoke in barns would get hefty fines or arrested so they will think twice about doing it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
So sad, I live in Ohio and when I learned about this it broke my heart, I can't imagine that happening to my barn :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.