The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems memorising the tests for the show tomorrow. So I made a mini-arena in the entranceway to my house.

Yes I am truly pathetic LOL. My kids think I've come up with this cool new game where they can dance around the room to the letters LOL!!

So I thought I'd share so you can have a Friday laugh as well.:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That is hilarious! such a clever idea! Your brain can remember and understand things better than it sees and hears what it is its supposed to do. Do you have the option of having someone read the test for you?

Good luck!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think thats a great idea! I think ill be doing the same thing when it gets closer to ambers debut dressage show in May..

And that video was hilarious!! I laughed really loud and my dog came running over to see if I was ok, lmao! Too funny!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO I love the video!

I told my friend who is going with me with her horse, that we'd be better off taking coconuts (monty python thing I guess lol).

I did have the option of someone calling it out for me but it got all discombobulated. I actually did this "mini-arena" and then went and did the test last night and was surprised I remembered it LOL!

The proof is in the pudding they say, and tomorrow is show day. Three classes *gulp*

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good luck doing the dressage test! I don't think it's a stupid idea, though it is funny! :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
haha, that's awesome. My BO used to have her kids literally run through the test on her rectangular living room rug. xD Once I was at the beach (had a mini vacation right before a show) and I made a mini arena with the rocks in the sand and used my fingers as the horse to practice the test. I've heard that reading your test(s) back to someone can help. I like finding YouTube videos of the test to help me remember it, but I also like just tracing them out on a piece of paper.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've been having problems memorising the tests for the show tomorrow
Wouldn't happen to be heading to Trinity EC would ya?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Weird timing on their parts then! Trinity is having a schooling show. I'm going to the one at Trinity. Haven't decided whether or not I'm showing or observing.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohhh very cool. I say show!
There's a bunch coming up, and evena combined training show at CAF soon, are you going to that?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
... CAF? XD Sorry for my lack of knowledge, the shows I know about mainly are near-ish to me, or breed shows :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Haha! Me and my friend always used to do that on a rectangular rug! I also like tracing it out on paper but it gets kindof confusing when you do that! Good luck with your test!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Come Again Farms... That sounds very familiar. I've never been there, but I've heard of it. I can't remember where though! Their calendar doesn't seem to be updated - when is the show?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.