Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rant, rant, rant:

Mid-June 2009 I buy Kainne and bring him home. I mostly work on getting him into better shape (he was neglected) and put off doing much riding for awhile.
August 2009 Kainne and I have a lesson with our trainer, Tia. Shortly into the lesson, probably under 30 minutes, there is a mishap and I fall off and am injured.
As I recover, Kainne develops laminitis and is out of work for several months.

Throughout these early months of 2010: a lesson is planned. Huge storm rolls in. Lesson is cancelled.
Third attempt: Kainne’s back goes horribly out and he is deemed unrideable until recovery. He sees a chiropractor and all is well. Possibly better than before. Fourth attempt is scheduled for today.
Today I am out early to prepare Kainne for this lesson. I get him groomed perfectly. I saddle him and bring him into the roundpen to lunge him. I begin working him and it’s going fine, he is a little bit “fresh” but being good overall. I take a mental note about how glad I am that we can finally get around to this lesson and on such a great day for riding, too, with literally no one out working their horses or anything. Then as he is trotting, all of the sudden he develops a HUGE limp and I hear a sort of slapping noise with every step, so I stop him and pick up his right front foot. Shoe is halfway off and hanging crooked. Goodbye to lesson attempt number four. Shoe is off, Kainne is dead-lame, and the farrier will be out tomorrow.

This Monday at 5:30, the fifth time is the charm? :?
Wish us luck!

As a reward for reading...here, have a picture of him looking pretty and artistic through a tree:

:D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha, I'll definitely try to sneak it on him..I should tell my trainer to hide :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.