The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post these pics, but I figured...hell, why not give it a shot?

This is my Great Dance Lucy trying ehr hardest to get a spot on the couch, but Mona is hogging all the cushions. So rather than going to lay in front of the wood stive in doggy doughnut bed, she decides to do her best to squeeze in next to Mona.

She does this a lot, and she'll sleep or hours in these positions. Does this look comfortable to you guys? I'd prefer the Doughnut bed myself o.o

Lucy Couch.jpg

Lucy Couch 2.jpg

Lucy Couch 3.jpg

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
:lol:

I have a Bullmastiff who sleeps like that all the time! He squashes himself into a chair and usually half of him is hanging off of it.

I don't get it, he's our only dog so he could go sleep on the couch or in his collection of dogbeds but nope, squashed in a chair he doesn't fit in.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
haha! That's awesome!
SO typical of a big dog attitude! My German Shepherd was the same way. :D

Beautiful dogs, BTW! I will gladly take Lucy if she becomes too much for you. ;)

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I know people who sleep like that because their cats and dogs hog the bed. :wink:
Yup, that'd be me. My dog is the Mona, the big black dane hogging the couch She really like to sprawl out and I end up sideways on the bed instead of longways, like I'm supposed to be. LOL

·
Registered
880 Posts
I LOVE Danes! I would love to have one someday, but, i dunno how well it'd go with the Chihuahuas...haha.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE Danes! I would love to have one someday, but, i dunno how well it'd go with the Chihuahuas...haha.
Actually, you'd be surprised. Dane's are very good with small dogs most of the time. Just not cats..cats are bad o.o

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That is hilarious. Poor dog. It's pretty cute.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Actually cats love my great dane, always have, no idea why, she was such a nut when she was young, you'd think they wouldn't want to get in her way.

I raised a kitten on a bottle and she use to pick him up and carry him into the living room floor to love on him, I'd freak every time I caught him in her mouth, but he survived and still loves her!

So as said they are fine w/ smaller dogs AND cats, generally! Currently I am 'babysitting' a 6 month old chi til we find her a home. And everyone is fine together.
This is what my poor dane has to put up w/,

And she loves every minute of it,

(I actually have two danes, Havoc will be 10 tomarrow and is not doing to well, he doesn't have to put up w/ anything, gets all kinds of special treatment!)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing, brought back wonderful memories of my late dane Merlin. Truely the "couch potatoes" of the dog world! LOL!

And yes, my dane loved our cat, who was the boss, and when anyone visited with their dog, Merlin would actually lay down to make it easier for the dog to sniff him. Wonderful dogs!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Hahahaha...downright pathetically cute!!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts