The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very old thoroughbred mare and just curious to get some information on her. The last owner was going to put her down and throw out the papers on her. All I know is she did race, I think she got one 2nd out of 4 starts, but I could be wrong. The last owner called her Trepp which apparently had something to do with her race name. She was apparently born in 1987 which would make her 33 this year but I don't know that for sure either. Brands: 7US on her near side shoulder and 1 over 1 on her off side shoulder, it's difficult to see cause she is so old. She has a irregular star on forehead and she's bay. I think I'm the third owner after racing and as far as i know shes been i western Australia all her life, other than that I don't know anything else.
I have tried looking online but they want $75 so trying other options first.

·
Super Moderator
14,754 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

Good for you for keeping her safe and well loved at this time in her life.

So, if she raced she will have a lip tattoo.
Thoroughbreds if she is from Australia are lip tattooed and have a asterisk before the numbers begin...
If she is a Thoroughbred and raced anyplace she has a lip tattoo, that is "the law" regarding racehorses and racetracks.
The lip tattoo will tell you everything about her from dob, to her entire record of what she has done.
Read that number and if you can't find the information the members here would love to help you uncover your horses history.
If you can't read it, try to take some clear pictures and post them here...the sleuths here will uncover who she is ...
:runninghorse2:..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts