The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are everyone's thoughts on IEA (The Interscholastic Equestrian Association?) I'm thinking about joining next summer because it seems like it would help me become a much better rider and the shows/lessons are cheaper. Plus it seems like a lot of fun! Here's a link to the website: Interscholastic Equestrian Association for middle and secondary school students

Has anyone here done IEA? Anyone is welcome to comment on their thoughts and ideas of it :) A person from my barn does it and told me to do it since I'm "a pretty rider."

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks.

Anyone else?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
97 Posts
that sounds awesome! I want to do it! are the shows all over? so theres no local meeting or anything? just go to a show and ride?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are clubs and I think it's mainly on the eastern coast, not entirely sure. And no, you have to take lessons a few times a month with the club leader/trainer and then you can show.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My daughter is in IEA and loves it. We don't have a horse and it is a great way for non horse owners to show very inexpensively. Go to their website (google IEA) and there is a map that shows all the competing teams across the country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts