The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned and loved thoroughbreds, when I first looked at this boy I thought his head was too small for his body. I didn't know if it was a breed thing - he apparently is well bred according to the trainer who started him.
He is a bay roan, super temperament ,15.3 hh.
Does he have a belly? He wasn't in much work before I got him, he only had a month refresher, I think. I am using him for trail, arena, and dressage. The two below are a couple days ago. The last two are from mid Feb.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Very handsome boy!

·
Super Moderator
14,771 Posts
He's very cute... (y)
I'm not seeing "the belly" either...
I am seeing and can say he is going to look very different in appearance in a few weeks, forget months time when he muscles up appropriately ridden and tones up and moves around weight as all horses do coming back into work from winter recess now over.

Please come back and share updated pictures of him as he and you ride together making a new team effort...
Better, start a journal so you have a place to write and document your time together....would love to read the progression I would. ;)
🐴...

·
Registered
49,446 Posts
I see a very nicely built and colored horse. I would have called him a blue roan, but I'm not sure I know the dif between a bay roan and a blue roan. He's an absolute corker!

·
Registered
14,334 Posts
Nice looking fellow. Nope, I don't see a belly either. He's built like a brick house and when he muscles up, I suspect you'll start calling him "Tank". Do you have his papers or know his breeding?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts