The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red is my 8 year old Arab x Welsh x Appy. We haven’t measured him but we estimate he’s about 13hh. He was gelded at 6 years old. Sorry about the image quality again. I’m not with him to take better photos. My dad thinks he’s really ugly but I dknt think it’s too bad. I think his head is a bit big on his little body.

I wasn’t the one training him in this photo, the trainer was abusive so we took him away from her that day.

Once again I’m sorry about the photo quality and I’m keen to here your thoughts on Red:)

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Super Moderator
14,682 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! 😉

He's a pony....and looks like a pony.
Ponies come in all shapes and sizes, but their pieces fit together to make for cute, incredible animals if given the chance.
Enjoy "Red" for what he is...yours.
I know many a younger child who would give anything for a "Red"...
He's cute and if mine would not allow dumping on his looks which are far from ugly or badly mismatched body parts. :cautious:
🐴...

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awww thanks. He’s a great little guy. I didn’t name him, he used to belong to my neighbour and one day I saw him in the paddock with the cows and asked “what is the white pony’s name?” He told me it was Red and then said “you dknt use your PW50 anymore... can we swap?” I was so excited! At first I was confused at why he was called red since I’d only seen him from a distance but when I saw him up close I realised he was a flea bitten grey. When we got him as a 5 year old he wasn’t even halter broken. The neighbour lured him down the road and into our paddock with some treats 😂 I had to pay my parents $400 because that’s the price we would’ve sold the PW for and it was totally worth it

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing I find the cutest about him is the section under his mane is white, it’s like he has sun freckles. He has a double mane which is super cute

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seems like a good trade for a dirt bike! He’s adorable - neat to see that patch on his neck and that the colouring is like freckles.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
He's cute!

As far as ponies go, he is very much lacking topline / fitness / muscle in his back, and has a little bit of a pot belling going on. Coupled with a pretty high "inverted-neck" headset (which ties into the weak back). He looks heavier in the front end, than the back end, in terms of balance. But that's strictly speaking conformation.

He's still cute.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. He’s been in the paddock for a long time and I’m only just bringing him into work. We just had a drought breaker and the horses are pigging our on all the grass

Reactions: AbbySmith
1 - 13 of 13 Posts