The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I’m think of driving 2.5 hrs to see this 12yr old qh bay mare. I’m sorry for the pictures I know they are not the greatest but all I had and wondering your thoughts.
02A88A21-DB9A-45E6-A6A6-8C31514A5FA8.jpeg 87EE99EB-A6B7-489C-96A2-A20226308F30.jpeg 768506B0-C5CD-4D87-9289-DE34E935328A.jpeg 151F6B73-DD33-4C08-AFE8-A4F7F70BF68E.jpeg

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Pretty. At first glance I thought she was a bit uphill but then I realized that she looks downhill on the other confo pic, so I reckon she’s probably about level. Either way, that isn’t the end of the world even if it is so.
Personally I really like how she’s built, do you know what breed she is?
I forget the word for it, but she’s holding her back legs out away from her center of her body, which might or might not be important depending what you’re doing with her. That information would be helpful as then you could focus more on what conformation you want for the discipline you want to do. Would be nice to have a front and back shot of her with no boots on flat ground so we can see the legs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty. At first glance I thought she was a bit uphill but then I realized that she looks downhill on the other confo pic, so I reckon she’s probably about level. Either way, that isn’t the end of the world even if it is so.
I forget the word for it, but she’s holding her back legs out away from her center of her body, which might or might not be important depending what you’re doing with her. That information would be helpful as then you could focus more on what conformation you want for the discipline you want to do. Would be nice to have a front and back shot of her with no boots on flat ground so we can see the legs.
I know i apologize for the pics. She’s registered Quarter horse I plan on trail riding possibly pleasure classes but nothing upper level

·
Registered
532 Posts
She looks like a lovely little mare! I hope you like her! I once drive 6+hours to look at a horse, but in the end, I passed because we just didn't click. I think this mare would be worth an in person look!

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
I know i apologize for the pics. She’s registered Quarter horse I plan on trail riding possibly pleasure classes but nothing upper level
For trail riding and lower level pleasure classes? She’d be just fine for that I think :) definitely worth checking out to see if she’ll work for you! And as Stevenson said, get lunch and enjoy your day. Maybe find something else fun to do during the day while you’re over that way, so it doesn’t feel like a wasted trip if it doesn’t work out ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,771 Posts
For what your intentions are the horse would be fine if not great.
Sound mind and a working body with no lameness is far more important that "looks" you need in certain kinds of show ring classes.
She's pretty and if me would absolutely be considering her if she met my needs as a riding partner.

We want pictures please if you bring her home and a introduction... and if not "the one" when you discover "the one" then please share as we love to ooh and aah over pictures. :)
🐴...

·
Registered
14 Posts
She's mechanically barely uphill. You can tell from her pillar of support.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts