The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triple antibiotic an clotrimamozle mixed together a good treatment.?

Super Moderator
I use ThrushBuster on my horses.
Venetian oil in it makes it purple in color, stains but works.
When the purple color has near disappeared it is time for reapplication, every several days not daily and it works in wet conditions too.
ThrushBuster also does not harm nor kill good tissue but sure works on destroying, breaking the chain and stopping the bacteria of thrush from happening is what I've found.

To me, what you want to mix is only going to wipe off.
On feet that are always in dark, dank and host friendly for continued bacterial growth, yea no.
You need it to adhere to and soak in to the tissues.
馃惔...

Registered
Triple antibiotic an clotrimamozle mixed together a good treatment.?
This can work with thrush in the central sulci, if it鈥檚 not too bad, but as HLG said, it does鈥檛 stay on long enough to help when put in the collateral grooves.

I also use Thrush Buster for thrush in the collateral grooves and again, ditto what @horselovinguy said:)

Registered
@rambo99 I have used that mixture for thrush in the central sulcus - or anywhere where I could pack it down. Then I "sealed" wit with a generous amount of diaper rash ointment (40% zinc oxide)...
What actually worked better for my horse was copper sulphate powder mixed with the diaper rash ointment... But you will have to reapply at least daily, depending on the conditions.

Registered
Thrush buster is good, but I've lately been using 'No Thrush' powder & I like it a lot better. It's expensive, & comes in a little bottle, but you don't need a lot of product.

Registered
With treatment, thrush should clear up within 10 to 14 days. However, in more severe cases of recurrent or persistent thrush, your healthcare provider may recommend an extended treatment period, sometimes up to six months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts