The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What is in No Thrush? I worry about it being a powder, if it is clay based, it is very dangerous to handle in powder form...silica in the lungs does a LOT of damage.

I currently have my product out to a few local folks for testing. Hoping to market it in a year or so.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
What is in No Thrush? I worry about it being a powder, if it is clay based, it is very dangerous to handle in powder form...silica in the lungs does a LOT of damage.
"(NO THRUSH Proprietary, Patent Pending Ingredients list): All Natural proprietary mix of multiple clays and silicates, salts of copper, iron, oregano powder, and diatomaceous earth."

That's straight from their website.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm shocked they are selling that in powder form. If you are using it, PLEASE be extremely careful not to inhale any. I use silicate clays in mine as well, and wear a respirator when mixing it (as is described on the packaging).

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm more shocked that there doesn't seem to be any warnings on the bottle...this is all I see:

"Do not take internally. Keep away from children. Avoid contact with eyes. Use in well ventilated area. Asthma sufferers may use a mask."

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
"Do not take internally. Keep away from children. Avoid contact with eyes. Use in well ventilated area. Asthma sufferers may use a mask."
It should simply read: "Wear a mask!"
But both DH and I work in ceramics and mix a lot of powdered minerals and in that industry it is well known you wear a mask or a respirator. I wouldn't expect everyone to know silicates act like a cheese grater on your lungs.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It should simply read: "Wear a mask!"
But both DH and I work in ceramics and mix a lot of powdered minerals and in that industry it is well known you wear a mask or a respirator. I wouldn't expect everyone to know silicates act like a cheese grater on your lungs.
I agree! I work with metallic and ceramic powders, so we take it a step further and always use simple respirators.

I really am kind of shocked that there is nothing similar to a MSDS on this product. Is it because it's considered to be a natural product and not chemical?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.