The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You got nothin' on Bear and I! ;]

I went out to take some pictures of Bear yesterday evening, and I just now looked at the pictures more closely... And MAN do I have one conformationally challanged horse! With that beautiful low set neck and hunter bump, what else could be wrong? Well, lets see... He is over at the knee, his back hooves are small, his back legs are stocked up (due to cold weather and not being worked), or yeah and he has a wormy belly (getting wormed tomorrow hopefully).

Picture 469.jpg

Picture 458.jpg

Picture 457.jpg

So, share your pictures of your conformationally challaged beauties and point out their major flaws! Everyone will still love them the same... I think... ;]

:lol:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
over-the knee isnt that bad xenaphon said: Over the knee is way better then behind the knee, because if the knee is behind it gets a lot more pressure then a over knee. :D i think bear is cute!! i like him

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Let me see if I can find a decent pic of Blue...He's not 'horrible', but certainly not 'perfect'; he looks slightly like a couple of horses put together...

Okay, not the greatest pic, but his front and rear ends are unequal...smaller rear, heavy front...he has a really heavy, long face for a QH...makes him look cute, but homely at the same time!

Long already starting to slope, front pasterns

Cowhocks...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wouldn't say that Java has a really bad conformation, but his back legs are a little weird. :?

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
That makes two of us, eventerwannabe. Fist-bump.

At least our horses are cute =P

·
Registered
971 Posts
Cody toes in on his left front, otherwise, I think he's darn perfect!

Our paint, Tahoe is forward at the knees a little but I don't keep any pictures of that!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Haha, I looked at a pic of cody the other day and wondered that. I recognize the rotated cannon. Dobe has that too, on both front legs.

Hm, lets see. Long-ish back, post legged, mule footed on the back, steep shoulder, square butt, pigeon toed, short upright pasterns, thick necked......

But here is one that is even better. Short, thick neck, short back, short legs, straight shoulder, funny looking butt, big ugly head with pig eyes and a moose nose, big ears, big feet, big bones, camps out, toes out front and hind.
(he's in middle. also shows Dobe's pigeon toes really well)

This is his most unflattering pic.

And Denny isn't awful but he would be a lot better looking and nicer to ride if he weren't so angular. Steep shoulder and croup, post legged, short back, short pasterns, high head set.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
TA DAH! My silly sona

Attachments

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Not to be rude to any one else but I just looked at the posts above and sona has beter feet than some of the horses above. and this thred is not for conformation but to show off our conformationaly chalenged horses. Sona is not sore or lame and is purfictly happy she doesnt need "purfect feet to your standerd to live a normal life.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I think sona's feet look fine (Imo).
Hmm, I have to go find pics of my old mare. She was not the greatest put together.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Didn't mean to be rude, my bad. I was tired when I looked at them the first time, they don't really look that bad, I think it was the boots that made em look funny...

Sorry if I offended.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I have a photo of Shiloh that makes her look so odd. I would never put it up for a conformation critique. It makes her look like she has no butt. Its just the way she is standing though.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Didn't mean to be rude, my bad. I was tired when I looked at them the first time, they don't really look that bad, I think it was the boots that made em look funny...

Sorry if I offended.
its ok it just kinda shocked me. I was just like "AHHHHH I works so long on them silly feet!" shes halter bred they have very small feet compared to there bodys. so I can see wherer they would look funny.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have a photo of Shiloh that makes her look so odd. I would never put it up for a conformation critique. It makes her look like she has no butt. Its just the way she is standing though.

lol I have a few pics of sona thats like that. my mom took it when I was in the tack room. :p dont yah just love how ocward they can stand :)

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts

Sorry if I offended.
I think it's the placement of the boots. It just makes them look different.

·
Registered
956 Posts
:0 I'm gonna beat you all! haha
I dare you to try and find more conformational faults than I have in Scratch, my grandparents gelding...

Roman Nosed, STEEP shoulder, I don't even know if he has pasterns ;), high withers although he also lacks back muscles too which makes it look worse, narrow chest, narrow base and his toes are a little bit out, Long back, steep croup, short hip, post legged, bow legged, has loads of hoof problems (thin walled, club footed and even contracted heels) and last but not least, he is down hill.

Needless to say, he is not sound and will never be ridden...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts