Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instant Pistol Quarter Horse=

Pistol is for sale by the guy my husband is working for, and for $2500. I got to really work her on Monday, and she is AWE-MAZING. She will cut one, and for only being her 40th or so ride, I never would have guessed! Went around the mile, crossed a low-water bridge, a concrete bridge, two UPS trucks, a school bus, and chased off two cranky boxers!

I'm really thinking about buying her, and possibly in the future breeding her to a son of High Brow Cat to get a quick and catty cutter.

What do y'all think of her lineage? I think I'm in looooove.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
She has all the right names and they are quite close for a horse her age. I would try to get the price alittle lower but if that doesn't bother you and you like her then go for it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
She's got the right set of ancestors that's for sure! She's not ridiculously line bred and if you've got the money and she rides that well I'd say you'd be stupid not to. By the way...there will be a lynching if this wonder mare is not displayed in pictures pronto!! =P

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
With the sire alone she's worth that much. If she's that quiet - get 'er now before she's gone!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here's all I have for now... oh, and some more info... daughter of SR Instant Choice, NCHA LTE $ 108,997.00 AND 5 million Dollar Sire. Out of A Daughter of Miss Silver Pistol, Miss Silverita. Miss Silver Pistol is Mother of triple Crown winner Chiquita Pistol

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH YEAH.

She accidentally stepped on something dead in the ditch... : (

but she didn't flinch!

And I think why he's priced her so low already is because he didn't get her until last summer, he put three weeks solid on her, and turned her out, wasn't sure if he was going to sell or not, because his boys 11 & 13 could ride her. She is never bred either.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I'd buy her in a heartbeat. I would love to pay less but if I was looking for a good ranch horse, I wouldn't pass her up.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I would buy in a heartbeat, too.
At least around here, when my friends have gone out looking for a go anywhere, do anything, reliable, working QH/Paint, they have found that no one wants to sell them. If you do luck into one, an 8 yr old w/40 rides is in the $2500-$3500 range, and dead broke ones w/more experience (typically 12+ yr olds) and good bloodlines will go for $3500-$5000.
I turned down $5000 2 years ago for our Angel (14 yr old mare, ex-penner)...she's just too willing and versatile to let her go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
She's bred very well - out of a money earner and by a money earner - however - that said - she's 8 w/no show or produce record of her own ( that you have mentioned) so you would have to breed her to an exceptional horse with a solid record to make the resulting foals saleable - unless you plan to keep them for yourself - in today's market she's priced a bit high still - at a performance horse sale based on the fact that you said she would work a cow and I'm assuming rides around nicely she;d top out at 1500-1800 privately she'd be closer to the 2000 mark - so if you are happy with the mare, offer 2K and enjoy!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I don't think her price is high at all, but I'm in Canada and our horses are still alot higher then they are in the states.

I also like her breeding. Just for future reference tho High Brow Cat is a herda carrier, and with this mares bloodlines she could possibly be as well. So test her before you breed her.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Where I'm at a horse like her is still going in the 2500-3500 range easily so I wasn't as concerned on her price as other people. I'd rather have a great greenie and shell out the money than an average horse with some training problems but that's just me. Also, I don't think she was breeding to sell just to breed her own future mount but I might be mistaken. I also suggest getting her tested for the known carriers because of the breeding since she has some history of it in her lines and any stud you will want will probably as well. Keep us posted, did you end up getting her?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
That mare is worth much more then what they are asking for her. Her pedigree is out standing. Very nice sire and you will have a really hard time beating her tail line.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Her breeding looks alright. She has some Peppy San Badger. Not to shabby at all.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DH and I are still fussing over her, we have the money, but only have 2 open stalls at the trainer he works for, so we have been using those extra stalls to bring in customer horses. If I take her on, I'm looking at losing $750 a month that Chris could be making. Ugh. What to do?!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yay for pasture board? Seriously, even if you are just going to finish her and sell her you could turn her around for more than you pay for her and recoup some of that loss in a pinch. I'm afraid if you pass on her you're going to regret it because she seems like a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
-hypervenilates- Miss Sivler Pistol? Peppy San Badger? Docs Hickory?

That's the mare of my dreams right there ^^

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If I posted the pedigree of a mare I was wanting to buy and NRHAReiner said her pedigree was outstanding I think I would be writing out the check as I walked to the pickup. I can certainly see where you are in a bind about the stall space. $750 per month is too much to give up. Find a pasture somewhere or put her in a spare bedroom if you have to.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Cut. The. Cheque.
I'd sell everything not bolted down to own one bred like that. I agree - find pasture board somewhere close if you have to as it would suck to loose income from that stall. Def get her tested for herda before breeding, though...

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I was thinking about your predicament last night and you are right. $750 per month is a lot of money especially these days and you shouldn't ignore it. I'm sure you couldn't leave the mare where she is for now while you worked out something more suitable or put her in a pasture somewhere ... so ....... Send me your address and I'll hook up my trailer and be there is a few days with a check. I've never been to Kansas.

All kidding aside, that mare is the kind that doesn't come along often enough and you would be kicking yourself for passing her by. I would love to have a horse like that - I might even get back into penning and sorting!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.