The Horse Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hahahahaha.

His expression is like "Mom, what are on earth are you talking about? I would never do such a thing."

I don't stall my horses, but one time when we traveled to an overnight barrel race, Red had gotten an ENTIRE poop in his water bucket I had hung up for him. Like, seriously? You can't poop anywhere else in your stall??
Yep, I have scrubbed and washed the heated water buckets a few times this past winter when I discovered nice soupy warm poop... and if I leave the rubber feed pans in the stalls overnight, they'll poop in them too. A few days ago a while poop filled the pan -- none at all went on the ground. It was a perfect target, almost like they intended to do it. Quite impressive actually. Until you walk in with a bucket of feed and have nowhere to put it. Not to mention getting frozen poop balls out of the feed pan and cleaning it up in -25C temps.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
My horses free-range, so don't have such varied pooping opportunities. However, this reminds me of a German ditty:

How did cow manure end up on the roof?
The cow shat cleverly upon her tail
And upon the roof she made it sail

Nearest rhyming translation. The original goes like this:

Wie kommt Kuhscheisse aufs Dach?
Die Kuh had auf den Schwanz geschissen
Und es mit Schwung heraufgeschmissen

@SwissMiss, did you have this one in Switzerland too?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think the worst I've seen was a poop picture, down and along a white wall.

That's why, when I painted the concreted lower portion of my sister's stalls, I was thrilled when I found a brown gloss paint on the "Oops" shelf at a local hardware store (for top coat over waterproof paint). It was a brown that I can't imagine wanting to use it anywhere else, but perfect for a stall!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That's why, when I painted the concreted lower portion of my sister's stalls, I was thrilled when I found a brown gloss paint on the "Oops" shelf at a local hardware store (for top coat over waterproof paint). It was a brown that I can't imagine wanting to use it anywhere else, but perfect for a stall!

Yes! Exactly! That's sounds ideal! The BO thought all white was a great idea, then again, he wasn't keeping them clean:smile:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts