The Horse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He did so well!

We went with another person who had a calm, experienced mare just in case, but I'm not sure I would've needed it. I was expecting him to keep wanting to turn around and go back home, but nope. He kept happily trucking forward, ears up and looking around. It was very exciting for him, but he kept listening to me the whole time. The only downside was that I had to pay attention and really ride him, because he wanted to go explore every single little trail offshoot rather than stick to the big trail.

I'm not confident that if we got lost in the woods that he would take me home, but hey, there are worse problems.

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing that shocked me the most is that he would've had to leave his mare buddy to go off the beaten path, and yet he was still very eager to leave her side to go explore if I would've let him.

Needless to say, I can't wait to get a trailer! I think we'll both have a lot of fun hitting the trails on a more regular basis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.