The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new dressage girth for my mare, and I am wondering about the TSF girth. It's really expensive, so I am wondering if it's really the bees knees or just ... eh. Does anyone have one? Was it truly a game changer?

I would like a shoulder relief girth because my mare is gaited and she has a lot of action.

·
Super Moderator
12,684 Posts
One of the barn horses wears one that has the stretch center and a few others wear the older version with the elastic ends. I've got one for horse that needs more elbow room.

What are you asking about the center stretch or the anatomical fit?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I had the original, it was terrible. They need to discontinue the original one, as the stretch center is exactly the correction the old one needed. Old one would tilt and dig into the horse, either slightly or full on edge only contact!
I switched to a string cinch & string girth and haven't needed any special shaped ones since. If I did, I'd get the stretch version, if it ever went on sale.

·
Super Moderator
12,684 Posts
I've not seen that happen with the original style Secuno. Maybe it had something to do with fit and billet placement.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
I can't speak for the English version but I did try a Western shoulder relief girth on a horse of mine who has a well sprung ribcage and a short back. I though it would help get the cinch away from his shoulders better.

I will say the company was great to work with b/c they let me return it, but oh my did it give my horse the WORSE saddle sore he's ever had. I tried the fleece western cinch on him. The problem is that the body of the cinch is actually HARD. So what happened to my horse, is that the fleece "folded over" and the hard girth just dug into his skin and quite literally cut him open. (and my horse is such a saint that he didn't let on it was hurting during our one ride with it). I was mortified when I took his saddle off. Poor thing.

So because of that, I don't like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts