The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a work trip to Denver coming up, and I think I'll have a free afternoon that I was considering filling with riding. I've never ridden out west and wondered if there is a place in or near Denver that would be a fun experience. Obviously it would be nice to go to a place that actually lets you ride, not just follow the dude string nose to tail, but I get that a lot of places don't offer that. Mostly I'd just love to be able to see the scenery from horseback as I haven't spent a lot of time in that part of the country. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Garden of the Gods. It is nose-to-tail, but it almost doesn't even matter because the scenery is so beautiful. You get to go up the mountain and through the canyons. Should be about an hour ? from Denver

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Agree with garden of the gods (Colorado Springs). Haven't done the horse thing only hiked it. It will take your breath away. White Ranch and Golden Gate State Park offer beautiful and challenging trails. Both are in the Golden area. About 30 mins from downtown. Don't know of any outfitters off the top of my head. Most dude horses are still out to pasture. When's your trip? Dinner?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts