The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting a different trailer and I was wondering what Insurance is going to run me? Also what is a good insurance company to go with and what to cover? i currently have progressive with my truck.

Im looking at a 2004 gn, with front dress and 3 horse slant, box length is 18 feet.

Thanks
Everyone!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have citizens ins for both my truck and my LQ, the trailer ins cost me about $200 ever 6 months. my trailer is a 2002 sundowner 3/h with 12' LQ. if you have problems getting a company to price a trailer tell them to price it as an RV.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I called my insurance today and they didnt have a problem... it is a 2004 gn, Featherlite, with a 4ft short wall. They will cover it for $24 a month which includes a $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive, and up to $5000 in property theft (like if I get a saddle taken etc...)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats is a good deal on the ins. did u get the trailer?
Yes I took the plunge and bought it!!!!! I get to pick it up this weekend (I have to get a 5th wheel in my truck first) Im trading it in for my old stock trailer so it will be a switch... but for the good. Here is a pic:

3897.jpg

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Actually, my trailer is covered under my horse insurance. I believe the federation also covers some of it. Call your insurance company as well as the company you use to insure your horse, I'm sure they will have information for you.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, my trailer is covered under my horse insurance. I believe the federation also covers some of it. Call your insurance company as well as the company you use to insure your horse, I'm sure they will have information for you.
Thanks for the tip... I will have to look into it

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure the company doesn't only cover trailer theft if it's hooked to your truck.
Do you mean if my truck gets taken with the trailer on it? I never thought of that... I know I have coverage if my truck gets taken and there is individual coverage if my trailer is taken, but would it make a difference if both is taken at once?

This is all new to me with horse trailer insurance, our stock trailer just had coverage if I hit someone else it would cover their losses (but my truck has full coverage).

I did put the progressive coverage on it for now but I can always switch... I needed something to get it off the lot tomorrow and then the trailer will sit at the barn for a couple months before I am going to need it (unless emergency)...

Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Do you mean if my truck gets taken with the trailer on it? I never thought of that... I know I have coverage if my truck gets taken and there is individual coverage if my trailer is taken, but would it make a difference if both is taken at once?

This is all new to me with horse trailer insurance, our stock trailer just had coverage if I hit someone else it would cover their losses (but my truck has full coverage).

I did put the progressive coverage on it for now but I can always switch... I needed something to get it off the lot tomorrow and then the trailer will sit at the barn for a couple months before I am going to need it (unless emergency)...

Thanks again everyone
The auto insurance on our truck w/Nationwide covers the trailer also, IF it is hooked up to the truck, at no extra charge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.