The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my gelding to the vet tomorrow, and he doesn't have a travel buddy available (his usual travel friend is grazing elsewhere atm). He's traveled solo before, didn't like it, but coped more or less ok. I'm wondering if there's something I could give him to help with anxiety that won't show up on test results. He's had a sudden onset aggression problem crop up recently that we're trying to figure out so there might be blood tests etc, and he needs to be "with it" enough in order to communicate what bothers him in terms of palpation and such. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
26,875 Posts
Well the whisky might send him either way!

Auto correct and no proof reading on my behalf, sorry.

Haynet not Haynes
You want to put the horse in high cut hanes... panties? I'm so confused!

(I'm on the hay bag bandwagon... If you are really concerned - you could always give him a dose of calm and cool or smart calm or something to that effect AND the hay net but he should be fine.)

·
Super Moderator
26,875 Posts
Me thinks Foxhunter is a little bit happy tonight... and no invite for us? You must share they happy juices!

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
I'm taking my gelding to the vet tomorrow, and he doesn't have a travel buddy available (his usual travel friend is grazing elsewhere atm). He's traveled solo before, didn't like it, but coped more or less ok. I'm wondering if there's something I could give him to help with anxiety that won't show up on test results. He's had a sudden onset aggression problem crop up recently that we're trying to figure out so there might be blood tests etc, and he needs to be "with it" enough in order to communicate what bothers him in terms of palpation and such. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

He's traveled alone before. You said he coped okay.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. In fact, I'd start hauling him alone MORE to get him used to it better.

He'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts