The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tonight while getting my daughter ready for her lesson, I was talking to the trainer about my daughter's new horse. The trainer asked how it was going and I mentioned that the horse is testing me to see what he can get away with. The trainer then said "well he must be a problem horse because that is what trainers get to sell"......

I was so mad, I walked off to my car while my daughter finished her lesson. I did not know why someone would suggest something like that, especially having not met the horse herself. Citrus is testing me in what sounds like normal for him- he apparently did the same thing with his last owners- does not buck or throw fits, just has to be firmly told what to do- my cues goes all the way from politely ask to demands.

I assume it is not true that trainers just get problem horses.... what would you do in this situation?
There's nothing to "do." Laugh it off. Trainer is either jealous or suffering from foot-in-mouth disease. Either way, not your problem.

If the horse becomes more than you can deal with, maybe there's another trainer . . . ?:p

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.