The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
629 Posts
Yeah, I almost exclusively only deal with 'problem' horses...though technically the horses aren't the problem, it was the human who owned the horse. :wink:

Regardless, not all trainers buy horses with issues and resell them after doing a bit of training on them.

You state that this is a 'new' horse. How new? It is VERY normal for a new horse to go on a string of unwanted behaviors after, what I call, 'the honeymoon' phase.

You have to understand that the horse is a herd animal. The horse depends on the herd to keep it safe. Whenever you take the horse away from the herd and environment it knew, there will be a period of time of adjustment as the horse tries to find it's way in the new herd. YOU are part of the new herd. Currently, you're having a bit of a power struggle. It's perfectly normal.

I don't understand why you were upset. The trainer is simply stating what he/she feels is the reality of the situation. It may or may not be correct. Perhaps you didn't like his/her tone?

Are you afraid the trainer is right? And that you've got a road of trouble ahead?

What I would do isn't relevant because I'm not you. So, maybe if you help me understand why you were upset, I could give you some additional advice that would apply to your situation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.