Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
I am cuirus to see what everyone hopes to happen, wishes for , will work for, ect for the year of 2010 with their horse!

EX. I hope that in the year 2010 my mare will be showing training level dresage and showing, also will have all 3 gates down like a good lil horse!

AGAIN HAPPY NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I'm hoping to have Jynx going well at walk, trot and canter for summer 2010 (she'll be three and a half). I plan to take her out for her first trail rides, and mostly spend time letting her learn the ropes and get her solid and listening before heading towards more intensive show training.

I plan on getting Zierra into shape and competeing endurance on her for 2010. I'm also hoping to do a bit more gaming on her.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I want to get Daizy, up and going on trail riding (more that 2009), and maybe working on the barrel pattern, and I want to teach her how to side-pass, backing more nicely, and lead changes.!! and improve her manners.

For Roxxi, I would like her to have a safe pregnancy! =] and just trail ride her!!!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
My resalution about training is that i will give rena my all in our first show season this year, and i will stay with her just as well as she stays with me! (haha Rena focuses on what im asking of her and her work like no other, lol sadly im not as focused as her!)

And i hope to work hard in the show ring and win an FEI childrens class....and the trophy..... lol but i mostly hope to have great fun at all the shows we go too!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well I need to get my horse fully broke and start lead changes. And probley show more.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Biggest thing is to find myself a new dressage horse. Or at least pick up a few rides again so I can compete a little. It's officially been a year now that I've been without a horse, and I am going crazy!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
My new year's resolution is to actually get moved back home and get my training business started. It is terrible, I just got word out and already have a list of horses waiting. :?

As for a specific resolution regarding my own horses, I just want to get Koda trimmed down and get his training tweaked for the sale ring so he will get a good home.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I hope to have Flicka going much better undersaddle; she can still be really inconfident, so I really want to build her confidence up. Right now, I am mainly focusing on short but good rides, rather than long ones that give her a chance to get really worked up. I hope to be able to do some fun shows by mid summer.

I also hope to have the two youngsters going undersaddle by the end of next year; nothing heavy, just the basics. That will be dependent upon how much they mature, however.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have quite a few...

* Be more patient, understanding and thoughful. Think before acting.
* Develop a bond. Develop a partenership, and maybe one day he'll like me back.
* Stop the napping once and for all!
* Learn to canter, without bucking. Learn to canter on correct leads. Create a steadier, more balanced canter.
* Do a few dressage competitions.
* Go to PC camps!
* Go to the Highland Pony Show.
* Build his confidence and de-spook him as much as possible.
* Become a better, more considerate, more accomplished rider.
* Have fun. :)

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I want to concentrate on riding with feel and getting my horses softer and working better for me.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
To make Walka my primary trail horse with the trail club. Of course that will mean having him get over his phobia about being closed in the trailer. So , that is my goal this year. Have Walka calmly load and stay in the trailer. Lots of work ahead!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Well Hunter started day 1 of his training yesterday so I am hoping he will come back to me without the food aggression and with me being able to work him in the arena without all the attitude. He is also going to get trained on the bridle and saddle but will not be backed.

My biggest hope for Hunter is that he will grow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.