The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm new to Natural Horsemanship I've taken a huge interest and I would love to see an area dedicated for bitless, natural horsemanship games, trainers, bareback riding etc. in it's own sub category...

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Yes, there is that.
My feelings are that the Natural Horsemanship would be better if were listed under the Riding Forum.
Currently it is in the Training Forum.
Back when I was a newbie to HF I made that suggestion, it was considered but left in Training.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Doesn't matter where it is, it appears to be a minor interest on this Forum, plus, almost every post in that section has an unpleasant trajectory.

Goes something like this, but longer:
OP: I have a problem which I don't know how to solve (description).
Experienced trainers: we don't even understand what you are trying to accomplish, but we can tell you what you are accomplishing, and it's not good. We advise solving this problem like most people do.(descriptions)
OP: I'm not comfortable with those solutions, I use Natural Horsemanship
Exp.Tr.'s: then you're stuck, aren't you?
(end of thread)

I no longer read anything on the NH subforum for the above reason.

I'd bet that NH people have their own discussion boards somewhere on this vast expanse of internet, where they support each other and are not subject to these kinds of downer conversations.

·
Administrator
35,909 Posts
Threads started in dedicated sub forums such as the NH one shouldn't really be trashed by negative posts if an OP is asking for specific advice on a NH topic or is wanting to share NH training methods.
If you ask for random opinions on an NH method or trainer that's different - you're inviting just about anything if you do that but for example - If you start a thread wanting to talk about bareback riding with other members who share your enthusiasm for it and you feel that its being unfairly sidetracked by bareback riding haters then you can report posts and we'll consider removing them so you can get the thread back on course.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I completely missed this section since it's not listed on the sub category below Training on the main page, is it possible to get it listed like the rest of the sub categories?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
What do you mean it isn't listed? If you roll over the forums tab with your mouse and go down to "training horses", the NH subforum comes out if you roll over it. If you go to the full list of forums it's there under training horses as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here you can see where the sub forums are listed in the main view and the Horse Training isn't. I didn't know you could hover over the main to see it I've gone off the list of sub forums that I can see on the main page.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Lol, no worries. We've all done stuff like that. ^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts