The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I personally would leave it at that. Come back to it every once in a while and maintain regular handling but let the youngin' socialize and be a horse.

I don't know anything about barrel racing but I would consider getting a trainer or a coach to work with you and your gelding. They would be able to watch you ride and provide better tips from the visual. But I'm sure some of the barrel racers on here will have some tips!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thank you for helping out. I didnt know if theyre was anything else to teach her right now, but ya thanks. I dont have to money to get a coach because my dad isnt in to it and he thinks that its something that i could teach him if you know what I mean

There are always more things to teach, but aside from basic ground manners and what you've taught I wouldn't go too far just because there's the posibility of souring the horse. Not all horses sour but some can. It's nice to let them be horses even though working with them is so much fun!

I really know what you mean about parents not being in to it! I hope someone else can give you some tips!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.