The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I take my mare to Higgins, Texas for some training with smrobs. I am so excited to meet her and her horses and to get my mare some training she needs badly.

A little background on Lucy. She is a 10-12 year old grade mare. She is very sweet and loves attention. Her conformation sucks as she toes in, in the front...but I love her anyway! When I bought her she was a recip mare for a horse farm a couple of hours from here. The man who owned her was just going to take his herd of mares to the auction but his barn manager asked if she could try and find them homes first. Lucy was the most broke out of all of them. Actually I wouldn't use the word broke for her. You could saddle and bit her but once you got on her back she would not move.

So the extent of my training her was to get her to walk on. I knew I was over my head with her and had wanted to take her for training but I went back to nursing school and we just couldn't afford it. So now that I graduate next week and start my new job in a couple of weeks off she goes.

When I heard smrobs was going to start training full time I got on her list. I am just so impressed with what she does with her horses and have really enjoyed reading about the little arabian gelding she has been training. Lucy may not be starting from the beginning like that little guy (as far as getting a saddle on her back ect) but I think as an older mare she will give smrobs other challenges.

Well off to get started loading up!

Stacie

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I've followed smrob's posts and find her to be a very knowledgeable horsemen. If I was closer I wouldn't hesitate looking her up myself and send a horse or 2 her way for some tuneups.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
WOW! I think that is awesome!

Get lots of pictures! All the best and cannot wait to see and hear about the updates!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I must agree with everyone else! Anxious to see/hear updates as well. :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Oooh. I have one I'd love to send too... ;)

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Wow, you guys make me feel so good. You got my almost crying now LOL. I am anxious to meet you too Stacie and I am sure that Lucy and I will have lots of fun. No worries about the toeing in thing, after Dobe, I'm used to dealing with that.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have a guest room if you ever want to come to Minnesota. :p

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
For what it is worth I think SMrobs is an excellent trainer. She is light enough for the young arabs, has a good grasp as to what to do, has a father who can help if she needs it and the dedication to give the horse a good start. I also feel she gives the customer their moneys worth.
If I lived near her and was too old to start one myself she is the lady I would go to:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am so jealous as well! I would love to be able to have her work with my horses : Radar and Henry could def. benefit from her experience as so could my daughter and I. Hmmmm...now how do I get my horses to Texas from PA? Money wouldn't hurt either ! : )

Can't wait to see pic and updates!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hmm, maybe when the time comes I'll be sending Mana your way Smrobs.... :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we just got back from our trek to the Tx/Ok border. It was a long trip with two trooper boys (thank goodness for movies and video games!). Let me say how sweet smrobs is! I can not wait to see what she does with Lucy!

Oh and just to make you all a little more jealous. I got to hop on Dobe. I just walked him around a little and then she gave me a little demo of what he can do. He is such a sweetie!

I think Lucy is in excellent hands and can't wait to see her when she is done. I may be taking my gelding up when I pick up Lucy for a little refinement as well.

My bed is calling me now. Smrobs feel free to post pics and updates about Lucy. i have no problems with that :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Glad everything went well with your trip! Def. looking forward for more updates!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Woo :D Smrobs most definitely seems like an awesome trainer. The sad thing is I live in Australia. If only I had the money, I think the Rickstar would like your style of training.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Wow, you guys make me feel so good. You got my almost crying now LOL. I am anxious to meet you too Stacie and I am sure that Lucy and I will have lots of fun. No worries about the toeing in thing, after Dobe, I'm used to dealing with that.
You are too far unfortunately... But if you'll show at the Expo (in MD or PA) one day be sure to post that - I'll attend! :wink:

Have fun with Lucy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.