The Horse Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hurray! Just read your thread and your story over in the boarding forum. What a time this little guy has had! Hope all goes beautifully for you and him from now on! He's wonderful.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'll update again after his vet check today. I'm glad his recovery has come among this well and so quickly. He's a strong guy and so trusting. I'm excited to start the shows this year!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is totally unrelated, but with the photos of your dog I literally screamed "Oh my God!" My grandma has those same couch cushions :D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
He had a full check up. The vet cleared him for halter in April and his show in May. She said it'll give him plenty of time to work on his mobility. She's a little concerned on muscle mass but she says she wouldn't put him on a lunge line yet. She'd prefer to see him worked in a straight line and still be careful about using that outside leg in an outward motion. She said the elasticity is almost back but not where she'd like to see it just yet but over all he's making great improvement.
She started another series of 6 laser treatments for the front of his shoulder. After she had heated the muscle he moved much better so she's 99% sure it's not a skeletal injury as well and it's soft tissue related to having stretched muscles. It's possible he could have slight scar tissue behind his scapula and she said if I want to do a full diagnostics set on him she'd recommend xrays and sedations in May but only if he hasn't shown improvement. Over all he's a happy well behaved baby. She was super impressed with his manners and his free movement during an in hand trot. She and her assistant love him.

Reactions: wyominggrandma

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just came across this post and I'm so glad that he's doing better! What a crazy injury to get...and of course when you first get him home! He's such a handsome boy with a great temperament, you must be very proud!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I am very proud of him. He's so trusting and willing to do what it takes to get better. Still working on holding still to get his legs clean but he's getting there!
Posted via Mobile Device

41 - 48 of 48 Posts