The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these for a friend thinking she would want them, but turns out she changed her mind. Ah well. So they are for grabs.
I will have pics up shortly. Feel free to ask an questions.

First is a grey chocolate Hilason Treeless saddle. In excellent condition and looks like it was barely used. Traditional measurement gives me 15 1/2. Has an 8 inch thigh opening. Well made and will fit just about any horse. Asking $300

2nd Saddle is a really cute Stock saddle. No makers mark but a decent saddle. Comes with an Aussie girth as well. In good condition with a standard tree, with clearance for high withered horses. Not sure how to measure stock saddles
Like a western I got 14, like an english from the front button I got 18. If someone would like to tell me how to correctly measure one I would be happy to. Would like $225.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Could you post pictures of the treeless? I ride a 14.5 barrel, but it's nice and tight (I like to reach the bucking rolls easily :p) so it should be a good fit...do treeless run a little small? Are these used? Also, how much would shipping be to Ohio?

If you can't tell, I'm pretty interested. I've always wanted a treeless, and that's an awesome price. ^_^

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the delay in adding pics but by the time I finished loading and stacking hay, I was pooped LOL Most treeless saddles run a little small.You usually do the thigh opening and add 6 inches to get the current treeless size. Even though it measures larger, I think it's going to fit like a 14- 14 1/2. I would need your zip to figure out shipping but it should be around $30 or so.It is used, but it looks like it didn't see much use at all. I can send more pics if you would like. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is the treeless a rough-out, suede, or cordura? And on the stock saddle, by standard bars, do you mean quarter horse?

Sorry for all the questions. My boys are hard to fit.:oops:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Courtesy bump...and the Stock Saddle is mine! Woohoo! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep :) A treeless will fit just about any horse. Usually is they have high withers you have to watch the fit, but they are great for the wide beasts LOL I love my treeless saddles for my hard to fit wide arabs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just got my stock, with a little oil she sure is pretty! Fits me nice, as well. This weekend, we'll see how it fits Gunny's shark fin withers >.< I keep getting hard to fit horses. Now, I just need to figure out how this double buckle girth works, and how to change the stirrups. :oops:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YAY! I'm so glad it arrived safe and sound and that it fits (so far).Hopefully it will fit the horse as well. You might need to try a build up pad or shims. Those TB withers are so fun to fit LOL I thought wide horses were a pain until I rescued TB's. Thanks for being a super buyer :D

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I wish I had the $ for the treeless...I think it would fit my fat mare quite nicely...Lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.