The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kristi Smith, 3 star Parelli Professional, and her horse Maxi have such a special relationship that is shown in this video, it's so inspirational to me. The music Kristi used fits so beautifully....thought I'd share for those who wish to be inspired or who need some motivation to get goin in their horsemanship for 2010, NOT for critique or any nonsense that has unfortunately happened lately. I hope to take a clinic from Kristi in the future....Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Cute tricks. I'm glad you're inspired.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I for one would LOVE to train my gelding to cush like a camel like the guy at 1:37 so I could mount. I have to use a stepladder as I am 5'4" with a bad back, and he is 19 hands.

:)

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Cute tricks. I'm glad you're inspired.

Thought the same thing Kevin, nothing but tricks. Notice the whips?? That is a strong connection.
I have been there, done that and really don't care to go that route again.
Some of the horses didn't seem happy either.

Along the line of the shock collar to train.
Hell try a bee bee gun, it works too.

No thank you

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Please note the OP's statement:
NOT for critique or any nonsense that has unfortunately happened lately.
Nice video SH.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Please note the OP's statement:

Nice video SH.
So we can post something and others are not allowed to comment on it??
Only group hugs allowed?

That's great. Sets a president.
In future all we have to do is state that no negative comments can be made.:D:D

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Friesen is Zeus and yes he is very nice! He was a demo horse at one of their tour stops a couple years ago and the owner gave him to Pat (she was afraid of him). Pat uses him for driving along with the occasional tour stop appearences. He's gorgeous!

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
I love you too Rio. If you feel the need, here is a big hug for you.
Vidaloco I am talking to you. No one else. Just you.
I have been there. I have had a horse that followed me around, come when I called, stuck to me like we were joined at the hip and we were. The whip is the joining factor and you can loose the whip and go to something invisible that I won't talk about, but it is there.
It is like the circus horses, the 6 or so you see running in circles around the ring with the whip master in the center. This is not happy horses. This is extreme training , those horses can not disobey or else.

I was taught by an old horseman the art of whip training and at the time I thought it was the cats meow. I even did it to other peoples horse that were a problem just walking in the stall. In short order I had their horses following me, coming to me whenever I was near them. It was not love, it was actually fear of what I could do if I so desired.

This is as far as you can get from Natural Horsemanship. Notice everyone carries a whip?? Why?? It is the connections and a much harsher connection then any lead rope.

To be impressed by something like this, circus training bothers me. We talk about NH and this is about as far as you can get from it.

This is experience talking, this is someone who has been there, someone who makes really good horses and I don't agree anymore with this type of training. I am certianly capable of doing exactly that but I will not abuse an animal with this circus act.

Love you too vadalco. Hugs and kisses.
Remember I am only talking to you so no one else jump in.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My thread, I can post if I feel like it :) The stick acts as an extension of you. Not to make the horse do anything. Horses have long bodies, people have tall bodies. Carrying the stick makes things equal :)

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
My thread, I can post if I feel like it :) The stick acts as an extension of you. Not to make the horse do anything. Horses have long bodies, people have tall bodies. Carrying the stick makes things equal :)
Or a reinforcer in case something happens. And if people have tall bodies, and horses have long, wouldn't it already be equal?

crap. I wonder if kevin will read again? I need to know where to send my texas Jumping Horse check.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Sorry for double posting, but its on OUR forum, in a sense. I can post if I feel like it,too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.