The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how this happened, but when I put on everyone's turnout sheets for the first time today, Teddy's was missing one of the belly straps. It was just completely gone, as if it had never been there. I really think I would have noticed this before I put them away, but whatever. I've ordered another one for him, and it will probably be out there at the barn this evening. I could go out tomorrow and change out his current one for the new one, but TBH I don't really want to. How big of a deal is it for him to be in a sheet that only has one belly strap?

·
Super Moderator
13,653 Posts
Is he inside, stalled or outdoors in the pasture?
Are your straps criss-crossing surcingles or straight drop?
Do you have leg straps on the sheet?

Those answers would dictate my answer..
If you have criss-cross but no leg straps...I would be headed to the barn for a sheet change done.
Stability to keep that sheet centered on the body is so important to not having him get stuck or hung-up in his sheet.
If you don't have leg straps...absolutely removed with only one belly strap if mine, rather be naked than it blow-up and potentially twist and catch him....no, not wanting to take that chance..

Guess in actuality, a trip back to the barn would be happening.
I would not want to mentally deal with the what if's if something happened... :|

:runninghorse2:....

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he has the leg straps. They are fine. It's just missing one belly strap. The belly straps are criss-crossing style.

He's out in the pasture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts