The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place, but if anyone is a TWHBEA can they do a look up on Strokers Southern Knight? I have his all pedigree however I would like to know where he was born and other info. I also have his registrar number if needed! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
sorry! I gave you what you already have.....

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
If you have his pedigree, you should have his registration papers that tell you who his breeder was, and where he was born:)

One generally has to have a membership not only in TWHBEA but also pay money for membership in their IPEDS to get the information you want. However, if you haven’t already done so, you could try calling TWHBEA and see if they might be in a good mood and look it up for you:)

I will say this, looking at the pedigree, you have yourself a gem —- take great care of that 21 year old gem:)

His blood line really favors Mack K.

He has star power clear in the back and I don’t mean show ring star power. Lots of old time Greats. His pedigree looks like a horse that might be of old time, Heritage breeding — meaning a breeder who was more interested in preserving the pleasure-bred Walking Horses with good bone and mine.

It appears whomever MAY have put him on the ground favored Midnight Mack K as a foundation line.

Westwood Farms could be a place for you to inquire, as they seem to favor the Heritsge bred Walkers. ANNND, if you click on their mare “Shake em up Sophie”, they give her history that includes a lot of accolades to the Shaker line:)

Walking Horse History: Heritage Walkers

That’s about the best I can do, I could be completely off the mark, but with the serious lack of show blood lines at the front, I would say your horse was likely bred by someone who wanted to preserve the Tennessee Walkers as they once were - lots of bone, lots of heart and a good mind.

The TWH on the left, in my avatar, is old time pleasure-bred. He is 25. Both his parents were in their early 20’s when he was born and he does not have any of the popular show blood lines up front on his papers either:). He is a sweet, gentle soul. Very people oriented and knows how to win anyone over, who comes in my barn. If he weren’t so sickle-hocked, he would have been a great stallion:)

I hope you will come back in with pictures of your fella and share what you do know about him:)

I think Westwood Farms, might be someplace for you to start your search. They may pay dues to have access to the TWH IPEDS, and might be willing to help you get an answer to one question, at least:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts