The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so....... I know I'm probably going to be the only one who doesn't like twilight on here, but NO FIGHTING! I just want to see WHY you like twilight. I mean the first book was good, but the plot could have been finished in two books. And Edward displays 6 traits of a physciopath. And she tries to comite suicide when he leaves..... I just don't get the hype about it....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
She never tries to kill herself. I don't really want to go into why I like it but I just had to point that out.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
haha i dont know why i like it... why not? haha im the kinda person that has to have a REALLY REALLY good reason to not like something or someone...haha im a none-hating person. :D i dunno, its a good love story... the first movie is hilarious but the books are well written. :p

·
Registered
884 Posts
These days i cant stand it, about the time the first movie came out i didnt mind it, now the psycho fangirls have ruined it for me...the squealing, urgh! Theres this girl at school who PRAYS to 'edward'..she seriously believes he's real.
Everywhere you turn theres something to do with twilight/vampires. I walked into a bookstore yesterday and the first thing i saw was twilight, then 15 other series relating to vampires. At the moment i can think of 3 or so TV series about vampires, its also on the news, on the radio, you cant open a magazine without seeing it....yeah..kinda irritates me lol
Im with you Stormy, i cant understand the hype about it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
i think its an OK book, but edward displays so many signs of an abusive boyfriend. he stalks her, controls who she hangs out with, who she talks to, where she goes. he trys to kill himself because he wants her so much, stuff like that.
i think the books pertray the wrong image of the "perfect" boyfriend to young girls

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I need new reading material. This is the third time I'm reading the series. I like to study writing styles. I'm trying to figure out what makes her style so catchy. It's kind of dumbed down. If you know what I mean. But the whole forbidden love appeals to me and always has. Even in other series, such as "Haunted" by Meg Cabot.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^read Harry Potter. It will always win. :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i read the first one & liked it, but the others just dragged on & they werent great books. i forget which one i stopped on, but the story just kept getting more & more ridiculous i couldnt keep reading.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The book was a very interesting, different plot in my mind.

The movies? Hot guys shirtless? Well, can't go wrong there.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I saw the movie, Didn't think it was to bad,but not something I would go to the movies and see.Something more of a "I'm bored,lets watch a chick flick with bad acting ". I just wanted to see what all the hoopla was about.
I don't like how twilight is affecting alot of the young (girl) readers...
I'm talking about the crazy,obsessed chicks.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
NO FIGHTING!
Edward displays 6 traits of a physciopath. And she tries to comite suicide when he leaves..... I just don't get the hype about it....
Not really a good opening paragraph if you don't want fights.

I like Twilight. It's a good bit of escapism, plus I like vampires. Eclipse is my favourite - I love all the backstory on Jasper.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I agree with wild spot... I like the books, they have good plots. And yes sometimes Edward gets on my nerves, but I think Stephanie Meyer wanted it like that, for us to see how far he would go to keep her safe, and get annoyed about it... if that makes sense? lol

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I personally loves the books. I refuse to let any of the hype about the movies bother me, they do not hold a candle to the books. I think they were written very well. They appeal to everything teenager IMO, and the story line was executed beautifully throughout the series.

Oh, and not to be petualnt or anything but Edward does not have any psychopathic tendencies, he is not real, he is a character and is only as he was written and was not written to have any, maybe slightly sociopathic but not psycho. You have to remember that the character is supposed to be very old and jaded to the world and has found the one thing that brings light into his life but also wants to eat it as well... Yeah, I'd be a little effed up too...

I will say though that I think Robert Pattinson is not an attractive guy, and not who I would have thought of for the role of Edward at all, Kristen stewart fits Bella though. I was expecting the other vampiers to be more beautiful than the actors they chose, but oh well. I also liked the original Jacob better than the guy playing him in movie 2.

I think they are taking all the wrong parts of the books to put in the movie, that is what makes them so crappy IMO. They focus on the romance and try to make it very tween love story when that is not how it is written.

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Yeah I never realize that I am writing a novel^^ until I post it hehe. So maybe more than 2 cents lol.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Oh man I think Kristen Stewart is an awful actress and she acts nothing like Bella IMO. She acts so clueless and stupid throughout the whole thing and Bella isn't like that at all! Sorry she just bothers me to no end. Also Jacob is played by the same actor in both movies.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's ok. I was very very reulctant to watch or read it after seeing all the ridiculous hype over it. I did read it though. I must admit, i very much enjoyed the first book. She is not a particularly good writer, it must be said, but good plot, nice easy read. I really enjoyed it. The film is pretty awful, but quite amusing, haha. The rest of the books in the series disappointed me. The last one i found absolutely ridiculous. But yes, its ok. I enjoyed reading it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I hate Twilight. For a long time I hated it without reading it and then I decided I should at least try to read the first one. I read the first chapter and it was horrible. Really poorly written. My theory on why it's so popular is that Bella is written as an empty shell. It is really easy to put yourself into her character because she has no complex personality at all.

I also hate that there are vampire sections in book stores that contains about 300 copies of various twilight books and not a single copy of Dracula.

Direct quote from Robert Patterson about reading the books:

"When I read it I was convinced Stephenie was convinced she was Bella and it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published. It was like reading her sexual fantasy, especially when she said it was based on a dream and it was like, 'Oh I've had this dream about this really sexy guy,' and she just writes this book about it. Like some things about Edward are so specific, I was just convinced, like, 'This woman is mad. She's completely mad and she's in love with her own fictional creation.' And sometimes you would feel uncomfortable reading this thing."

Pattinson Gets to the Heart of Stephenie Meyer and Her 'Twilight' Series – RopeofSilicon.com Movie News, Trailers, Reviews and More

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm very ligeglad on the whole thing. I don't hate it and I don't love it. I read the books and I've seen the movies and thought both were okay. It just doesn't appeal to me that much.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts