The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got two very unexpected visitors today at the rescue ranch.
I think it was around 10:30 and the horses were going crazy; running around, snorting, you name it they were doing it. Then David screamed out, WILD DONKEYS!!! I ran down to where he was and sure enough there were two donkeys, but they weren't wild. One of them had a purple halter on and he walked right up to me. They were on the other side of the barbed wire that blocks off unwanted visitors from the property. So we went in with the donkeys and walked them through the desert brush and brought them back to the ranch and stuck them in the round pen. They were dehydrated and very hungry. We're not sure if they got loose or if someone just abandoned them. But I've become attached to these guys, I love them so much! I've never interacted with a donkey before so it was special for me and I have gotten really attached to the one in the purple halter.I've even named them. lol I know bad move if we find the owner but it's ok, I don't hold on to things too long. Ok boring story, here are some pics.
The donkeys, we think that might be BLM burros because they look A LOT like them.

This is my little guy, he follows me everywhere. I named him Paco.

Haha, he was doing this a lot.

We think this might be his mom because she is protective over him and she looks a lot older than him. I named her Stevie.

She's really shy and I was lucky enough to get the halter on her when we lead them to the ranch.

Kristin was trying to halter her again because we wanted to bring them into a stall before it started to rain.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paco ^^

Stevie keep running around

Some random pics I took

I can't wait to see them tomorrow. Hopefully we can find their owners. :)
Thanks for looking, Paco and I <3

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Omgosh!! How super cute are they!!! I love them!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
LUCKY! I want to find "wild" donkeys in my backyard!

Paco and Stevie are lucky they found you. who knows how long they would have lasted otherwise! What's sad is, you've gotta wonder how many people saw them and didn't do anything :(

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omgosh!! How super cute are they!!! I love them!
haha aren't they! XD

LUCKY! I want to find "wild" donkeys in my backyard!

Paco and Stevie are lucky they found you. who knows how long they would have lasted otherwise! What's sad is, you've gotta wonder how many people saw them and didn't do anything :(
I know, it was amazing I was like wow, he is right, donkeys! lol
I know, the people that live around the ranch don't give a crap about anything. One of the neighbors had three starving horse and 5 pregnant starving cows at one point. Luckily Karen, rescue owner, got that taken care of.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what an interesting story! i wonder how they ended up at your place!

~AL615
I know, when we were walking them to the ranch, we could see their hoof prints so we followed them but it just lead us straight to the road.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Well, those cows, horses, and donkeys are very lucky there was a ranch like the one you work at around to save them. There needs to be more of these!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, those cows, horses, and donkeys are very lucky there was a ranch like the one you work at around to save them. There needs to be more of these!
I totally agree!! :D

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Totally stinking adorable! Send one my way. Please.

Maybe someone knew there was a rescue there and dumped them??? I used to get that a lot when people found out that I fostered dogs.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
They look very well cared for, their hooves and coats seem to be in very good condition... My guess is is that either someone is missing their long ears, or they couldn't care for them any more and dropped them off, they do not look feral at all to me...

Such little cuties though! They are lucky they found a place to keep them safe from the elements and critters until they can find their owners or new owners!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
O o o
Thay are soooo cool. We have wild donkey's and burros here.
There is a mini donky or buro at my barn. Haha...my gelding was once terrified of it.
His name is Spanky.
These guys are very nice looking. I love the markings on their legs.
Hope they will find their home or a new one!
I love the last pic!
HP

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!
XD

O o o
Thay are soooo cool. We have wild donkey's and burros here.
There is a mini donky or buro at my barn. Haha...my gelding was once terrified of it.
His name is Spanky.
These guys are very nice looking. I love the markings on their legs.
Hope they will find their home or a new one!
I love the last pic!
HP
Yes, their little misplaced stripes are very adoralbe.

They look very well cared for, their hooves and coats seem to be in very good condition... My guess is is that either someone is missing their long ears, or they couldn't care for them any more and dropped them off, they do not look feral at all to me...

Such little cuties though! They are lucky they found a place to keep them safe from the elements and critters until they can find their owners or new owners!
lol, my mom just said the same thing to me! She thinks that someone might have done it purposely.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
With the economy in the crapper, I do not doubt it one bit, but they do look like they were loved even if they were just turned out on their own... poor guys.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Omg they are darling! I wish wild donkey's would show up in my backyard! [Yeah right, lol I live in a city!] But oh my word that first picture of Paco rolling is so precious!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Omg they are darling! I wish wild donkey's would show up in my backyard! [Yeah right, lol I live in a city!] But oh my word that first picture of Paco rolling is so precious!
hehe :)

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
They aren't BLM donkeys because they have no brands and like another poster said they are in good shape, hooves trimmed and such. Put out some flyers and an ad in the newspaper and I'll bet someone claims them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts