The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone on the forums might be able to guess what colour this little fellow might turn out to be. I'm not bothered by colour, but I am really curious :'D

** ALSO, please excuse his poor condition. I bought him as a rescue as his previous owner had too many horses and not enough time or money despite her good intentions. I AM WORKING REALLY HARD TO PUMP SOME FEED INTO HIM, have just got his feet trimmed and teeth done + vet checked him and done some basic handling with him-- so no crit towards me or his previous owner would be very appreciated, thank you!

(This was the photograph posted on his ad when I first saw him, he's about 14 months old in this picture apparently-- He actually looks healthy in this photo..)

(Aaand, him now... Vet believes he is at least 2 or 3 based on his teeth. He's also very different in colour to his advertisement picture. Wondering if the roan colouring will come through in different seasons or whether it will fade out completely..? ++ His full sister is a solid flaxen chestnut w/ a star and his half sister is a bay roan who apparently went through a LOT of colour changes before settling)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a better photo showing his current colour without him looking like so much of a drowned rat ahaha. Note: The hair is white when you look under the top layer of fur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later