Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to get this off my chest!

I bought a horse off this woman late last year, I was told a lot of things about this horse which all proved to be less than accurate. However, that is not the issue.

First off, I purchased a horse off another lady about a month or two afterwards. I mentioned the horse I bought off lady # 1 in conversation. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that lady # 1 had bought said horse off lady # 2 only 3 weeks prior to me purchasing him! Not too mention, she paid $100 for him and tried to sell him for $700. In the 3 weeks he was advertised his price dropped to $350 which is where I bought him. However, still a $250 profit on a horse she had done nothing with. Anyway, I got duped, I'm over it.

Since buying said horse off lady # 1 though, I have seen 15 - 20 horses advertised by this woman. All have been either Standardbreds or Thoroughbreds. All have said they were for sale as "they simply were not the right horse for her". Knowing what I know about the horse I bought off her, I was less inclined to believe the story. By this time I'm more thinking, horse trader. Especially seeing one of her more recent ads with "If this horse is not sold withing the week she is going to the doggers" as the closing line.

This morning I saw something I could not and still can not believe. An ad from lady # 1 for a purebred Arab broodmare as she is "getting out of breeding". WHAT!! And then to add to my dismay, "my stallion is also for sale." So I clicked the ad for her "stallion". He is a 2 year old welsh colt. *head desk*

I just wish that there was something I could do in this situation. I feel for those who have bought horses of her, seeing as they all advertised as calm and quiet, which is certainly not what I received. I worry that someone may have bought a beginners horse off this woman and ended up with a horse totally wrong for them.

Sorry for ranting, I'm just dumbfounded!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think i may know the woman you are talking about, and she does have a reputaion for this kind of thing...as well as stealing, starving and mistreating horses.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh, it makes me very glad I got the horse I bought away from her when I did. And I guess if her reputation is correct, it explains his behaviour. He is very untrusting, and don't even think about picking up a whip around him!

·
Registered
808 Posts
There are two women like that in my area. Most local people know to stay away, but there are always outsiders who get duped. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done, other than warning others to stay away... :( Horses are a business, and whenever people can make money, there will be those that take advantage.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest people in the world. And a lot of them in the horse business. :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
i know who your talking about also. shes been running ads for many horses for a few weeks now. every few days another is advertised.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Shoot her.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, somehow I think shooting her might land me in a bit of hot water.

I don't have an issue with someone who buys a horse, puts some work in to it and makes a profit off it, but seriously. What kind of person pays $100 for a horse and expects to sell it for $700 a week later??

I'm glad I am not the only person who has noticed her ads.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
It sounds like it's a problem that may take care of itself. After everone knows about her she will be unable to make a profit and have to find some other scam to pull.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i dont think i ever saw any of the horses advertised with their previous owners. but it is quite obvious what she is doing.

ive been looking to get one or 2 horses for retraining and sending of to show homes, but i refuse to buy anything that belongs to her!!!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not sure which site they were advertised on, but there was a woman who had an ad up saying something along the lines of "paddock full of standardbreds retired from racing, $100 each"

I know that she got at least 2 of the horses she sold from there, 1 being the one I bought off her and another that the woman was absolutely mortified when she found out what lady # 1 was doing.

As much as I am glad I got the horse away from her, I really wish my money hadn't gone to her. Had I known how much she paid for him she certainly wouldn't have got the $350 I gave her.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats the one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
the more people talk about it and are made aware, the less horses she will buy/sell. WA is a small place and word travels quick.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sure hope so, coz I've been telling everyone I can haha

·
Registered
245 Posts
word must be spreading and people no longer buying.

all her adds are now "$make an offer - urgent". obviously the horses are now costing to much to feed than the small profit she makes.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I noticed that last night too. Hoping that this is the last crop of horses we will see advertised by her!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ugh, now she has 2 new ads up for different horses.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You get these types everywhere. Around here there was a "rescue" that got shut down for having so many ill and starving horses in the back field that had been there for so long, but they kept stating they were new, they were old and just thin etc. It was years before they finally were shut down. So sad. You want to help the horses out but can't support a person like that. Vicious circle.

:(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.