The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introduce yourself :D

There aren't many of us on this forum and I think it is about time us Britts introduced ourselves to each other. I wanna know where your from and what horses you have, what you do with them etc.

ok me...
Im from Shropshire
My horse's name is Country Man (stable name- William). He is a mahogany bay anglo arab.
I have had him for 6 months and we had our 1st SJ competition last monday :D, in the summer I want to do lots of showing ready for september when I am off to Aberystwyth University (taking my horse with me) and wanting to compete on the team :)

Tell me about you and your horses...

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello fellow UK members!! Nice to meet you all.

I am brand new here so this is a good way to say hello.

I don't ride any more due to having lost most of my confidence but my friend has two eventers so I go to a lot of events with her, or just go to the farm where I enjoy being around the horses.

I'm hoping that one day I'll pluck up the courage to get back on a horse and go for a **** good gallop like I used to when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
hey guys :)
im from a small town from annan which is the south west border or scotland :)
my horses are kept on my dads farm which is 15 mins outs of annan, easy bus journey.

we currently have 14
Whiskey
hob-knob
buiscut
kit
Dreamer
rocky
Molly
blaze
Tia
kat
chip
jess
bonnie
tommy

my main ones are Whiskey, Hob-knob and Rocky, buiscut is just slowley starting to be introduced to work.

they're just used as general hacking/driving horses.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi both!
Equine Imaging- I hope you pluck up the confidence to get back in the saddle :D
whiskeynoo- thats a lot of horses!, I hack a lot with my boy too :)

here he is in action (kinda)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey fellow UKers, I'm from Manchester, not got a horse but looking for my next loan for this summer and to take me through to uni.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm so excited to be a member of this site. I haven't got a horse (I've not even ridden one! The closest I've ever come to riding was a couple of times on a donkey on the beach.) but I like them, and I'd love to have one.

Looking forward to meeting you and your horses!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey! im from yorkshire and dont hav a horse but i hav bin ridin f 8 years [since i was 4] and my fave horse is called breeze and he is a thoroughbred gelding horses ROCK

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
glad to hear from you all!
whiskeynoo- I love that video :D Whiskey is really sweet.
Digit- good to hear from some non-riders on here as horses can effect people in different ways :), hope you get to ride soon xxx

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
thanks, i wish i had my camera today because ive just bought her new boots and a new head coller, lead rope and a new numnah :D her new color this year is purple

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
love the colour purple! dont think it would suit my boy though, although i do have a purple lead rope :)

Put a jump up in the field today, ready for some summer training, hope that goes well, for some reason he doesnt like being ridden in the field :s

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
doe he get excited in the field? or is it more of a grump?
hob-knob gets grumpy in the field because he just wants to follow the other horses, whiskey gets excited though and wont stay still.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no its like 'i dont want to go in the field, i want to go explore!'. If i ride him towards the field he will stop and turn towards the driveway, im hoping the jump will encourage him, he loves jumping.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
could do :) hes been over it today 3 times already, not with me on him yet though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey!!

Im from Newcastle Upon Tyne

I have one horse of my very own J a welsh cob (bay) and my aunt has another 3 one of which (Kazim) is my mentor!! he taught me soo much

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hello! i love cobs my next door neighbough has 3 (one is a black stallion :p), your boy looks handsome, i looked at his profile :)
what do you do with him?

·
Registered
186 Posts
thanks!! Im a bit of a cob nut lol

I dont really know yet I would like to do some 'endurance rides' with him (just 10 -20 milers) and try cross country when he is older but probably just the schooling days and if we managed anything at any local shows that would be great!

I waited sooo long for him as long as we're both fit and happy I dont mind really.

how about you what are you into?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts