The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's begin.

2 weeks ago, my boyfriend got charged on assualt. The police interviewed me for over 3 hours. Got it on audio, video and written. I was told I will have a number given to me for such such place, and will get phone calls from them later on during that week. Since then, NO PHONE CALL!

And it seems everyone else know more about the going-ons than me.

Should I call the cops and see what's going on? My brother seems to know more what's going on than me! Court dates, and what's up. Ugh.

I'm upset that I know nothing of this case. And seems my town knows all the details.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
The short answer is yes -- fact is, sometimes things slip through the cracks. It may be something as simple as a typographical error that has caused your notification to be sent to a wrong address. They may not be aware that you have not been contacted because at their end they may think you have.
For the rest of it, ah, the joys of life in a small town. When you want to know what's going on, ask anyone but those actually involved.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I agree, call them and find out the scoop.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Let's begin.

2 weeks ago, my boyfriend got charged on assualt. The police interviewed me for over 3 hours. Got it on audio, video and written. I was told I will have a number given to me for such such place, and will get phone calls from them later on during that week. Since then, NO PHONE CALL!

And it seems everyone else know more about the going-ons than me.

Should I call the cops and see what's going on? My brother seems to know more what's going on than me! Court dates, and what's up. Ugh.

I'm upset that I know nothing of this case. And seems my town knows all the details.
Not to sound rude, but you played with someone who gets in trouble with the law, so you kind of got what you deserved. My best advice to you, ditch the dude. Stay away from trouble because if you stay involved this guy, even on just a relationship level, law enforcement will be getting after you to.

Ditch him, find yourself someone who's clean.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
That is kind of harsh considering you don't know the whole story...^^^exactly what did she deserve?

To the OP, call them, if there is anything to know they will tell you.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That is kind of harsh considering you don't know the whole story...^^^exactly what did she deserve?

To the OP, call them, if there is anything to know they will tell you.
She did. You hang out with a bad crowd, you get what comes with it.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
What if he isn't from a bad crowd and something random happened? What if he was assaulted too? What if he was antagonized into the assault? What if he felt it was self defense???

Just because you commit a crime or what is seen as a crime in the eyes of a law once, that does not make you a bad person...

·
Super Moderator
26,799 Posts
I think that since you are "just the girlfriend" they may not give you any info. they won't call unless they need more statements.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
She did. You hang out with a bad crowd, you get what comes with it.
It may or may not apply to this situation but it is good advice. You are the company that you keep. If you hang out with the bad crowd you are likely to be thought to be bad yourself.

farmpony84 said:
I think that since you are "just the girlfriend" they may not give you any info. they won't call unless they need more statements.
Very good point!

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
Not to sound rude, but you played with someone who gets in trouble with the law, so you kind of got what you deserved. My best advice to you, ditch the dude. Stay away from trouble because if you stay involved this guy, even on just a relationship level, law enforcement will be getting after you to.

Ditch him, find yourself someone who's clean.
My personal view is that all the devils won't show their horns until you've hung out with them a long time. Like Honeysuga said, we can't know all the details either. In some very ultimate cases also normal, nice people can be unpredictable and act the bad way they wouldn't act normally.

Even tho I'm with you in the case that the guy or girl with who you hang out will repeatedly get into troubles. Then it's better to run away and fast.

Anyways, did you get some info out wordstoasong?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for replying everyone.

I left countless messages with the police, but it wasn't until I called the Victim-Witness Program that I got the full details on everything.

Police gave them the wrong number and wrong mailing address as too all the papers regarding the case. This is now corrected (the right phone number and mailing address) and I know now when the court dates are, and his restrictions. I have a meeting set up before the court date to get more detail about everything as I want to make sure what is said and what to do.

Overall, yes my own standing in hanging out with him and a total gossip/"tough" group. The story of what happened, charges, court dates and everything else spread to many people in many different ways that no one knows the truth of the it. I know what happened that day, and I'm sticking to my story. I'm not crazy as many are saying.

But right now, I'm spending more and more time with my horse, something I've noticed with any boyfriend of mine tries to take me away from. Murray is always there and will listen to me and make me feel calm. He does has a stubborn streak, but he's one guy I can trust.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
What if he isn't from a bad crowd and something random happened? What if he was assaulted too? What if he was antagonized into the assault? What if he felt it was self defense???
It's true random things happen all the time, but those random things(you happen to be shopping at some store and you get in the middle of a shooting, type random)does not cause you trouble. That would be something random.

Just because you commit a crime or what is seen as a crime in the eyes of a law once, that does not make you a bad person...
That has nothing to do with the original thread and it was never said she is a bad person. Re-read the posts.

·
Super Moderator
26,799 Posts
It's true random things happen all the time, but those random things(you happen to be shopping at some store and you get in the middle of a shooting, type random)does not cause you trouble. That would be something random.

That has nothing to do with the original thread and it was never said she is a bad person. Re-read the posts.
Slightly off topic but in M2G's defence:

When I was a teen I dated a few "bad boys"... Back then I thought they were cool and misunderstood. Looking back, well... we won't go there. Anyhow, an older gentleman once told me a story when I was dating one that is still the county "bad boy"... good looker but trouble with a capital T...

The old man said "If you take a good apple, and you place it next to a rotten apple, over time, they will both go bad."... I didn't get it when he said it, but he's was right...:wink:

Wordstoasong, I wish you and your beau the best of luck and I do hope things turn out in the end. Keep your chin up and know that you have friends here at the horseeforum.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The old man said "If you take a good apple, and you place it next to a rotten apple, over time, they will both go bad."... I didn't get it when he said it, but he's was right...:wink:
That story is like, wow. Thanks for sharing it. It pretty much makes sense to me. And thank you alot.

·
Registered
434 Posts
But right now, I'm spending more and more time with my horse, something I've noticed with any boyfriend of mine tries to take me away from. Murray is always there and will listen to me and make me feel calm. He does has a stubborn streak, but he's one guy I can trust.
Maybe that should be your Litmus test. If a boyfriend can't get how important Murray is to you, and how big a part of your life he is, then maybe he's the wrong boyfriend.

I hope everything works out for the best.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
If this is a regular occurance for your boyfriend, then i would leave him. if there is more to this story, i.e. he is innocent or was attacked first, then support him, are you allowed to see him? if the police are not keeping you informed then i would contact them. im sure they will let you know any information that you are allowed to know, if it is confidential then im surw your boyfriend will tell you when the time is right. good luck x
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 18 of 18 Posts