The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sky's canter still (taken by my mom.) Rather than ride or be on the lungeline, I free lunged him with his side reins after a really nice no-stress groom session.

He did get the leads correct eventually (not on camera though, mom got tired of waiting) but when he got the lead wrong I'd take him back down to a trot and ask again. He did well but at first he was getting all his cheerios out, experimenting, and plotting to escape to snag some grass!

If I flipped the image then he'd be perfect :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
That is a cute pouty lip for sure. Does he get the correct lead on the other way around or screws them up both ways?

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a cute pouty lip for sure. Does he get the correct lead on the other way around or screws them up both ways?
Correct lead on the other direction (my better direction) which used to be his stiffer one.. but he was balanced and floating and correct

Sky, how many more days to your departure?
I leave this Saturday.. so 3

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ooo looks like someone is pouting! LOL 2 cute :D
Anything to get some grass ;)

Heh what a cutie. Love the third picture.
Yeah it's kind of intense, lol.. but he was so proud of his cantering. He was just floating around after he got all the kinks out :p

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man i'd give him a whole field if he pouted at me like that.. man what a guilt trip! :D
Haha right? I am so heartless.. he doesn't get spoiled at all but I did groom him down till he was falling asleep and graze him for a bit. Haven't done that in months.. just have been catching him, tacking him up, lunging (sometimes), then riding. Then cooler, groom, out he goes. My priorities were screwed up.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Haha right? I am so heartless.. he doesn't get spoiled at all but I did groom him down till he was falling asleep and graze him for a bit. Haven't done that in months.. just have been catching him, tacking him up, lunging (sometimes), then riding. Then cooler, groom, out he goes. My priorities were screwed up.

totally messed up! He needs to come up here and run around on 100 + acres of hay fields! Hahah :D I could groom a horse for hours.. its soo relaxing.. Mmhmm total destresser!

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
totally messed up! He needs to come up here and run around on 100 + acres of hay fields! Hahah :D I could groom a horse for hours.. its soo relaxing.. Mmhmm total destresser!
I knowwww! I wish I had a wakeup call a few months back. My mom made me think about getting a lessee that I neglected to realize that I only had 5 months with him and I was just training hard core. We had a few days to ourselves but there shoulda been more.

He would loooove 100 acres! Haha

And agreed... I love grooming a horse, or massaging/stroking their muscles. Relaxes me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.