The Horse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could the name be any more wrong? Haha. Well, whatever it's called, my girls love it, and wanted to share some pictures. =D

Gracie went at it first.

And then she got mad that it would move and swing away. I wish I had a better picture to show her displeasure.

Then Gracie learned she could pin it against Ricci's neck to keep it still, haha. Sadly, no picture of that, but I do have pictures of them after they learned they could hold it between themselves to get at it. =P

Ricci making a silly face. =P

And last but not least, my most favorite picture. =D

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Too funny! I have those for my geldings , I was thinking of putting them up in their stalls tomorrow. Hope they like them as much as yours :) Your horses have great problem solving skills by the way , I love the last picture!

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, the name definitely made me look twice.

RadHenry - I thought they did too. Gracie even figured out how to use her muzzle to stop the string from swinging. =D

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Lol, the name has def. gotten a reaction at my barn today .....I have to find stronger rope to hang them ...I tried to use hay twine but it was too heavy and broke after my daughter was swinging around. Gonna fix that tomorrow.

When I told ppl the name , they were like ...ok? Doesn't help that is my husbands name! :0

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think they also make Uncle Jimmy's Squeezy Buns.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rad, that's so funny! I used baling twine to tie mine up, and so far, it's still hanging. Have you noticed how sticky and gross it makes your horse though? Gracie is sticky and disgusting on her whole face, even her forelock and ears and a little bit of her neck. Ricci is just sticky on the sides of her face. Definitely not getting one again, my girls can't handle the messiness, lol.

Hoover, I wonder what those are like... hmm...

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Lol. Ive seen that product before. I was all o_O at the name,lol!
And I agree, your horses have awesome problem solving skills! let me demonstrate *echem*:
Gracie: Hmmm.... This is good...... DARN BALL! It won't stop moving!
Ricci: Here, let me see
Gracie *pushes ball against Ricci's neck* here! It works now! Ya!
Ricci: Lets hold it between us now!
Gracie: Ok! *Holds it between them*
Ricci: This works now!
In the end:
Gracie: I feel sticky.......
Ricci: You ARE sticky! And you got me sticky too!* mean face* I blame you.......
LOL *takes a bow*

·
Registered
470 Posts
That's just fantastic =D
Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Lol. Ive seen that product before. I was all o_O at the name,lol!
And I agree, your horses have awesome problem solving skills! let me demonstrate *echem*:
Gracie: Hmmm.... This is good...... DARN BALL! It won't stop moving!
Ricci: Here, let me see
Gracie *pushes ball against Ricci's neck* here! It works now! Ya!
Ricci: Lets hold it between us now!
Gracie: Ok! *Holds it between them*
Ricci: This works now!
In the end:
Gracie: I feel sticky.......
Ricci: You ARE sticky! And you got me sticky too!* mean face* I blame you.......
LOL *takes a bow*

:rofl: Thats so funny! I wonder if they will try to lick it off of each other. My only worry is if it gets on the mane will one chew off the others hair?! :shock:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
They like to lick.......... Never mind, I won't go there.

I'm going to get a couple... Tatum gets super bored and will chew through a stall like a beaver so this could keep her entertained!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Omg... i love those pictures. they are to funny. I got that hanging ball for my horse too. He had a hard time at first..but then he pinned the ball against the wall and started to chomp on it. So his face was sticky and messy when he was done. lol

Do your horses come out with sticky faces afterwords?

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Those are great pictures! I've been thinking about getting a couple for Nelson, especially for in the trailer this summer hauling to and from HT's and clinics.

Glad to see your horses like the product! I was eyeing them in the SmartPak catalogue.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Didn't get a chance to check on the horses tonight as my daughter had a riding lesson at another barn but I will be there tomorrow and I will see if they even touched them. My Dun gelding licked at his after I showed it to him , I dont know about my Paint but he loves the LIK It tongue twister that I have in his stall : )

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh my, totally forget to keep up with this, so missed a lot of replies, lol.

Thunderhooves, loved the dialogue. You could totally see the wheels turning in their heads as they were working at it.

Mine can't get it pinned to the wall, it isn't close enough, so they are forced to lick it as it swings, lol.

I bought mine at the local Co-op. I got the molasses flavor but they have apple, carrot, and peppermint too, I think. I hear they also have them as inserts for the Lik-It.

Both girls got disgustingly sticky. Ricci was pretty gross along the sides of her face, but Gracie's whole head was a big sticky mess. It was in her forelock and her mane, it was everywhere. I wouldn't even touch their faces, lol. And no, I don't think they licked it off each other, and Ricci hasn't tried to eat off Gracie's mane, but I can't say that Gracie wouldn't have if Ricci were the shorter one and I hadn't already roached it, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts