The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy did I luck out. We are in the middle of logging our property, again, been 30 years since the last time, and new yearling, Manuel couldn't care less. I take him out in the arena, excavator is running, sawmill going, he looks, then side eyes to me and is cool with it. I chase him off to stretch his legs, he trots a bit and turns around to see if I will keep up the pressure, if yes, jogs, if no, finds bits of grass growing on the edges. I wanted a horse just like Otis, tracked down the breeder, sent him Otis's papers, & asked if they had any colts related to him. Yup, related top and bottom, been out on range during the winter, just gelded, halter & hoof broke. Price? HALF of what I was willing to pay, SOLD!! So far, he exceeds my expectations, so easy to train, I have to remind myself, he is a baby, keep it simple. If it warms up here, been freezing overnight, I will bathe and maybe bodyclip, that foal fuzz isn't doing him any justice, lol.
20210506_164805.jpg
20210506_164752.jpg

·
Registered
14,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If he does, it won't be me experiencing it, lol. He will be headed to a good trainer I know, I booked 2 years in advance to make sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts