The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of your favorite or least favorite horse color that is not often seen? Please state the color and show a picture. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I have a bunch of uniquely colored favorites, but I'll try to keep it limited. :)

My absolute favorite is the Strawberry/Red Roan.

And going along with that roan thing, the Blue Roan.

Anddddd....the Perlino. I just adore them.

I don't really have a least favorite, but I am not a fan of extremely spotted Appaloosas.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I love perlinos too!
my all time fave is bay, boring i know but i love them. They go with any colour tack and equipment!

another i love, flea bitten grey. hard to keep clean but beautiful all the same

and my least fave. would be the pinto (sorry paint lovers). I do see the attraction but i dont think they look very 'tidy' at shows unless they are coloured specific show classes, same goes for appy coat patterns

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Silver dapple

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooooh!! Pretty colors!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

Silver dapple bay with a star and a snip. This stunnig fellow is Dímon frá Neðra-Skarði.

My least favourite ones would be brown. It's just so common. The stallion is gorgeous, however.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I love chocolate palominos.

My least favourite, I guess, would be grey but not because they're not pretty - they're just hard to keep clean!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I must say . . .

I love appaloosas, but the palomino ones are GORGEOUS!
Whawk2.jpg

Red Roans are beautiful too . . .
red roan.jpg

And I think that this horse is just STUNNING!!!! Don't you agree <3 <3 <3
b65.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts

here is a chocolate palomino for ya!!

I really love all colors though!! I really think that chestnut or sorrel is under rated!!! they are gorgeous... bay too!!!

this is my baby :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am a huge sucker for dapple grey and white paints..

They are REALLY hard to find pictures of.. so just imagine more dapply spots.. lol

·
Banned
5,892 Posts
I dont think we ever pinpointed exactly his color...some kinda roan

RIP Rebel 1/8/10

But my new favorite is true black...i know he doesnt look it all the way in this picture...he was still losing a bit of his coat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
My favorite color is bay with CHROME! I also like Backs, Duns, Buckskins, and Roans. But deep down inside, I have a thing for palominos. I own 3, all on accident.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pretty pretty horses! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I really like chestnuts and Bays...I know, kinda boring...Lol!! Chrome is a bonus, but not a necessity...brains, and decent build are a little higher than color in my book...

My mare...

Bay Tobiano filly I had several years ago...

Arabian that I used to show...still owned by my family...

My rainbow bridge horse, Pride...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Steely Dan

I LOOOOOVE Grullos! Someday, I WILL have one,lol. Providing I can find one with good conformation, temperament, ability, etc...lol. They're pretty rare in the RMH/KMH breeds. I of course love my mahogany bay boy too!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Favorite colors :

1. Grulla
2010-05-17_194337.jpg

2. Gray with black mane and tail
2010-05-17_195234.jpg

3. Dapple bay I guess
2010-05-17_200225.jpg

4. Chocolate with flaxen mane and tail
2010-05-17_201000.jpg

Least favorite colors:

1. Leopard pattern
2010-05-17_201216.jpg

2. Flea bitten gray
2010-05-17_201259.jpg

·
Registered
451 Posts
I realized I made a mistake at #3. Wanted to say dapple buckskin not dapple bay.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
I love the blue roan Tennessee posted. Beautiful! Basically, I don't like the "boring" colors; bay, chestnut, etc. I love grays, though, especially dappled grays. I love color, all kinds of Appy's. I do not like Paints like the one sdf posted, I like Paints like mine with more solid splashes. [Notice the other horse, my bay Qh filly, haha.]

I also like Paints with more color than white, like Spirit posted, as well as pali-paints.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts