The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she has settled in nice over the last month. I now have her out in pasture and she loves it. She gets fed twice daily and all the love she can stand. I have been looking for a good trainer for her but still have not made up my mind. It seems for every person who recommends a trainer their is another who will tell you how bad they are. I was able to find a draft farrier and she will be here this Sunday to do her feet. She has some small toe cracks i want to have checked out. Other than that she is doing great. I bought her a new halter but its a little big so need to go back and buy one a little smaller. Here is a couple new pics of her from today. well seems i cant figure out how to post pics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you danastark. She is really growing on me. I try to leave emotion out of my animals but she just kind of grows on a person. I should have pics of her under saddle in a few weeks. As you can see from the pics she is totally focused on me. she could care less what the guy with the camera was doing. we tried the plastic bag trick to get her to look at the camera but no luck.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
What a cutie! Congrats....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yes she is a thick built girl. She had her feet trimmed and cleaned up today. The lady that did them was really good with her. We just went slow and stayed calm and got the job done and her feet look great. She had some toe cracks in her right front hoof i was worried about but turns out it is just surface cracks and nothing to worrie about.

She will be going to the trainers this weekend.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Sparkles is at the trainers now. The girl is going to keep me updated on her progress. And i am free to stop in any time to check on her. If this girl works out good i think i will let her keep her for 60 days of training. To really get her going good. I will keep you all updated as to how she is doing. and will post pics of her under saddle as soon as i get them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know what you mean about all the white. I had a Tobiano paint stud many years ago and i could not keep his white/White. It was always stained green or brown or any other color he could manage to get into.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now i admit i love white horses. But i would not go looking for one. But i also admit if the right white horse came around and the price was right i would haul it home. Another problem my little tobiano had was scalding under the girth and saddle. I had to wash him after every ride or he would get sores. That pink skin is really sensitive.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.