The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been so proud of myself, I have been making it to the barn to work Klassy 4 daysa week now for the past 2 weeks:) and looks like I am able to do that again this week. Went yesterday, Monday, I am going witha friend this saturday, and then next tuesday and thursday and prolly friday!

Klassy got a new stable sheet, baby pastel colors, I didnt think id like the color on her at first but I love it!
She has been going great on the loung line and yesterday was amazing on her bad side (the right) She was better then to the left!
There were to many distractions in the arena for her yesterday wehn I rode her so we had some reallytough moments but we ending ona good supple, relaxed note. I was dead tired after that.

I am going out again today in a bit and will get some better stills from videos, I had to do the best I could with my new camera, but my old one does god at takeing stills from videos that are alot clearer! SO bear with me please!

Got some pics of her in her new sheet, and working on the loung line. I lengthend my sturrups yesterday to help my knee relaxe more and she seemed to move off of it better... to a point... 4 other horses ina small arena wasnt helpful. One of them beinga Green OTTB mare witha green rider, but a good rider, and then two other boarders, and then when we first went in there was another lesson going on so it was tense... that would explain Klassy kickinga hole in the arena wall and scaring herself. 3 year olds... lol I am just happy I stayed on and ending ona good note and no one got hurt.

I will Tell you how my sesion went today wit her and have good pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
shes so cute ! im glad things are going well for you guys =]

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Yeah everything is just amazing with her, she grew so much to, she used to have a 72 inch tunout blankie and now is in a 78! Her browband in rubbing her forhead so I have to get a new one! EVeything needs to be ina bigger size now LOL
Here are some more pics I got! The blue blanket is the new Riders International one, and I love the other other pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
She looks so so beautiful!
Great that the training is going so well!!

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Man, that's the second mare I've seen this week with a wicked nice trot. Maybe gelding's man parts get in their way? She looks very forward, but obviously has balance, so she's looking great.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
She is stunning. Got a beautiful face! I'm glad the training is going well with her. And that you can now go and see her more often. Keep us updated with the progress. :wink:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Good luck for that lesson. LOL, I used to have a problem with holding my breath while cantering, and my sides hurt, but it's gotten much better through more regular riding. Now I have learnt to breath deeply, even if you breath with each of the horse's canter strides. :lol:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL I will have to work on that! I am going out on tuesday to work her on the side rains and do some at liberty stuff I might get on but after our last ride I would perfer My trainer be there to correct me and help her relaxe and move off my leg better cause she tends to really get "stuck in the mud" when she doesnt understand somthing I am asking her to do. But is Awesome on the lounge line, she streches down, tracks up, has a good small bend to the inside and really listens to what I ask through verbal commands and half halts through the loung line. I feel like i I just worked with her on the loung line for a 2 months more and then got on her she would onderstand better, But my trainer wants me to keep up the undersaddle hours and work on polishing of all the basics I taught her LOL

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I agree with your trainer. You have more control when you are riding than on the lunge. Some days I'm sure you can go ahead and lunge her.

I understand what you mean when you say that your horse feels like she is stuck in the mud. One horse I used to ride, Argentine King, would always just feel dead, but with consistant riding I could correct that and eventually he would go nicely off my leg. But then he was moved from the barn that I ride at, so I couldn't take him any further... :sad:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aw sad! Yeah right now I am theonly person who has been on my horse, I broke her myself and have put about 100 so rides on her and cause I am only 108 pounds and she is 15.1 maybe at the withers My trainer doesnt want to get in her yet till she grows more and starts to handle more waight lol So its all on me haha. I just wish I lived closer so I could be working her everyday.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I live is Seattle WA and she is In PO, thats on the pennisula and so I have to walk onto a ferry that takes 40 minutes to cross and then I walk to the barn, and its like 30minute walk, whenu drive it it takes 5 minutes lol I live 10 minutes from the ferry dock LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.