The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Haven't been on in a while. Been doing a lot of artwork, yardwork, horsework...work in general...this summer.

Hopefully now that winter is on its way I can get some more time for computer time. Lovely lovely lovely artwork I have seen here. Very impressed.

Here are some of my latest works..

This one is a work in progress - Still LOTS to do but hope to have it completed by next week sometime (crossing fingers anyway)

Here are some old ones --- I think I posted them before? but eh - here they are anyway..

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Those are great! I really like the b&w corral scene!

Reactions: chanda95

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Great work! I especially love the sketches. You certainly have a knack for small detail and people! I always cringe when i have to do people lol

Reactions: chanda95

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! People are really, really, REALLY hard for me. I am slowly getting better at them but it has been a struggle. The only way to improve is to face your fears and just buckle down and try. :D

It is still a process for me - I learn something from every drawing I do and try to apply it to the next one.

My major downfall is I don't have the time I want to dedicate to my art - everything else gets in my way.

My husband took that branding piece and has it hanging in his office. I did it at his prompting. He was getting bugged because I wasn't doing enough graphite pieces and I wasn't doing backgrounds so I did that one just for him.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Those are incredible! Your drawings of faces are some of the best I've ever seen. I'm amazed at how you're able to perfectly capture each subject's personality, and at the same time the faces don't look even slightly overworked. I have a book on drawing faces, and while the artist uses a grid and blending to make their portraits look like a photo, they lose the warmth and personality that your drawings have. Great work, I can't wait to see more!

·
Registered
49,257 Posts
Chanda! How nice to see you back again. I , too, haven't done much art lately but am getting back into it. That color one will be amazing. Is it pastel? I hope you'll post regularly, ok?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both! That's a very high compliment. I struggled for years with people and actually refused to do them because I thought I couldn't. Only recently have I picked it up again..so THANK YOU!! :)

Caroline - I know - I have been so bad. The summer was entirely too busy! I do hope to be posting more and doing more artwork. The work in progress piece is actually colored pencil. I have discovered that I LOVE to work in colored pencil. It suits my style.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update...slowly getting closer to completion..if its blurry..blame my cell phone.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
WOW! Love your work...love them all, but I really like the scene one, and the one of the little cowboy and cow :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you!! The little cowboy picture is of my son. Its a special piece to me. It hangs in my office so I can see it everyday. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts