The Horse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thank you Drafty Aires, I finally got to it. For whatever reason on my phone the 3 lines are only about half visible and only get it to go through like it should maybe one time out of 20. Very frustrating.
How's that shirt with the guns and roses coming? I still want to see how it turns out. Hang in there girl, and don't sell that big boy of yours, you need to start putting yourself first at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Awww...thanks, oobiedoo!

I have the shirt and I have the pattern...now I just need to find the time to get the two together. :lol: Hopefully it'll be a project for this winter after we move into our new place.

At the moment, I can only enter halter anyway, cuz I work in the afternoons when all the western classes are.

I'll post a thread with pics when I start working on the shirt, though. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: waresbear

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I'm using a MotoX, Android version 4.4.4. Chrome browser.

When I try to use the arrow on the bottom to go to page 2, 95% of the time it doesn't work. I have to use the slider to switch pages, and after I do that the arrows work fine. I've only ever had the issue going from page 1 to page 2, all other page transitions work fine.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I was pretty aghast at the new version because it takes AGES to load and there were less than half the number of threads listed in the section I loaded into. As soon as I discovered the option to return to the normal mobile version I jumped at it!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I'm the odd one out I guess. I like the new site better. I miss my UserCP though... Most of the time on mobile I before I would switch to the full site. I'll have to spend some time on the new one and see how I like it. I like to see new posts to threads I'm following first before I go and look at other threads.

LG Nexus 5

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I jumped on my phone and played around on it briefly. It definitely has a nice design to it, i dont really know where everything is, but I'm sure after a bit of a play i will get comfortable with it. The way a thread is set out is good as its easy to see the posts and not have heaps of other information on the page (like a user profile) because on a small screen, it just isnt necessary IMO.

The ads do feel overwhelming. The strip at the bottom with ads blocks up my screen a fair bit and i keep clicking it by mistake.

The flashing loading sign got on my nerves, as did the flashing page numbers at the bottom.

I reckon the screens a little too small, the ads take up too much space.

Overall, decent, but i prefer the old look.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
There should be a drop-down menu, represented by three stacked horizontal lines, in the upper left corner. On that menu should be the option to exit enhanced mobile mode. It will take you back to the old mobile format.
Posted via Mobile Device
I did that. I'm trying to get back to the new format. Probably the only one, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am really not loving the new upgrade. The ads and the drop down screens made it impossible to see anything of the actual forums. All I wanted was to quick check my threads before bed last night and couldn't find where to do that anywhere. Was relieved when I stumbled across the spray to revert back to the old layout. So much easier to use from my iPhone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ummm. It doesn't work. I have a Wiko BARRY with android 4.2.2. It's just a blank page, with a sign in the middle that says 'loading'. The problem is that it doesn't load. At all. No matter what browser I use :(.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, I just checked. It works on chrome, which I disabled so I didn't try it before. I use opera mini though and it doesn't work there. I don't like using chrome because it eats all my data soo quickly.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Not a fan of the banner ad at the bottom but I understand the need.

I don't like that there's not a back button. I like going to "latest" and when I click on a thread that's good but I have to go to the "latest" link again instead of just being able to hit "back" to leave a thread. I don't like having to wait for it to run the search again for me each time.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
The page issue was fixed for awhile but now I'm having a new issue. When I try advance a page, it won't work. I'll try to go from page 1 to page 2. It SAYS I'm on page 2, but the page doesn't actually change. I have to go to page 3 and then back to page 2.

·
Registered
13,661 Posts

For those that get stuck and want to change back:

You change it in "user CP" under "edit options" and under "forum skin", set to Horse Forum for Computers or Mobile for old mobile version.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
God, now it is switching automatically to the new flashing version. I keep switching back to the basic mobile site and it doesn't matter. It takers forever to load, and now even longer since I have to switch back every single time I go to the main page. Please don't make the new "enhanced" version the only version. I like and want basic. I want to read content, not have content dance around my screen.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Mine switches as well, it jumps from the new to the old and back to the new all the time. I found the only way to fix it is to use the desktop version, which is a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Mine keeps switching, too. This is REALLY annoying. I can't even get to the regular full site, which, even though it's a bit of a pain, is MUCH better than this "enhanced" mobile version.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
mine is doing the same. I would exit enhanced mobile version and everytime I clicked something it would go back. it did it for a bit earlier but seems to be staying on mobile now.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Mine hasn't been doing that at all. I haven't seen the new format since I clicked out of it a while ago.

Maybe a browser thing?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Mine hasn't been doing that at all. I haven't seen the new format since I clicked out of it a while ago.

Maybe a browser thing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mine has stabilized now. Had to switch to the full site, then it switched itself back to the regular mobile view.

I'm on an iPhone 4 with the iOS 7.2.1.
Posted via Mobile Device

21 - 40 of 61 Posts