The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a bunch of christmas money and I want to use it to buy some things for my horses. Does anyone have any suggestions? I went on a wild rampage at the greenhawk sale, but I still have money and I figure that if I don't spend it on my horses it will go to something stupid that i really don't need! Does anyone have any idea's of useful things I could get for my horses? :D

Thank-You!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have a tendency to go a bit wild with my money when I get it, so I've started buying the stuff that I need first. There's no point buying a $200 bridle if your horse has a perfectly good one anyway.

Does your horse need a new halter?
Do you need new breeches or jods?
Hoof picks are something that I always lose, so there's no harm in buying another one of them.
Ooh, what about a slick 'n' easy grooming block? They work so much better than curry combs and really help get all of that winter coat out.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have a tendency to go a bit wild with my money when I get it, so I've started buying the stuff that I need first. There's no point buying a $200 bridle if your horse has a perfectly good one anyway.
I tend to think the opposite way... if I have a bunch of money I buy the horses nice, fun, expansive things I normally wouldn't spend money on. It is a gift after all :)

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Sleezies are sweet!:

Or, consider new grooming supplies, clippers....I'm spending my bday money on Western show attire for the fair this summer. Depending on how much money you have, you could invest in a leather ingraved halter. They last for a while (except the brass, which is rusting on the nameplates of my leather halters I've had for 20 years). I bought 3 for $130 each 20 years ago. (well, my mom did lol) You could also get a leather lead line, or Show Sheen to make him shiny:). For Christmas one year I got sparkly hoof polish (the brand is Twinkle Toes if you're interested lol) and sparkly gel to put in his mane and over his body. Stall name plates are a good way to spend money. Saddle pads are always fun to buy if you ride Western, what with the selection. A fan for your horse's stall in summer.....a winter blanket or summer fly sheet....They have cool-offs now that you put on your horse to help him cool off after a long ride. Shipping boots. leg wraps. Rubber bands for braiding your horse's mane....medical supplies for your horse in case you ever needed to use it, like gauze, a twitch, Peroxide, a tail wrap, etc.

Message me if you want me to come up with any more ideas....I'm good at this kind of stuff lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-we have awesome clippers, they've worked for years! We just replaced the blades, so were in good shape there.

-I was thinking. since we are in the search of another horse for me, I might buy a bridle and leather halter for that horse. My current horse just got a new halter, jumping boots, saddle pads, girths, brushes, polos, bell boots.. and the list goes on :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
1) toys
2) treats
3) riding clothes
4) leather show halter with a fuzzy infront! these make any horse look cute! My trainer has one and I put it on my horse and parate around with her in it!!
5) show clothes
6) blankets
7) stall decorations!!
8) fancy Helmet (i just got one)
9) any thingz!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.