The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a UTI. I hate my urinary tract with a passion. Nothing like peeing needles to add a little sunshine to my morning! The constant feeling of having to pee is amazing too! Not to mention the funny egg smell it now has...ya gross! I think I want to go live in a cranberry bog or something, maybe then it won't be as bad?

I tell ya drink soda for just a FEW days and it happens. Forget to go pee after doing the deed ONCE and it happens! I hate being female too...

Right now I am just hateful, **** UTI! GRRRR.:evil:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Have you ever seen a urologist? I got them for YEARS (and still do occassionally) but it turns out that I had a "narrow urethra" that needed to be stretched. The procedure was hell, but I got WAY fewer UTIs after that and it was definately worth it!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OUCH!! No I haven't.... right now it is "emergency only" doctor visits seeing as I do not have insurance ATM and have hellacious doctor bills from this year... but when I do, you bet I will be there!

How do they go about stretching it?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Oh, you really don't want to know! It's not really THAT bad, I think I was more scared going into it. I had it done about 8 years ago and haven't needed to go back yet. If I start getting them on a regular basis again, then I'd need to have the stretching redone. If you're going for emergency visits, ask them if this could be a cause. Good luck! I know how miserable this can be!

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts
I'm sorry - hope you feel better soon.

There are only just few things that are as irritating as the non-stop feeling that you need to pee.

Have C-vitamin, cranberry or lingonberry juice if possible and visit your doctor. Without proper curing it can turn bad and spread into kidneys.

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts
OUCH!! No I haven't.... right now it is "emergency only" doctor visits seeing as I do not have insurance ATM and have hellacious doctor bills from this year... but when I do, you bet I will be there!

How do they go about stretching it?
Ah sorry, read that not until now. If it's possible I'd still advise you even ask the doctor if s/he can prescribe some antibiotics to you.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I know. I have a constant stock of cranberry and pomegranate(not for the UTI per say, but it helps greatly) juices. Been having these darn things since I was little. I am going to try to get to the doctor soon, I am guessing this one is a bit more serious, none before have produced "stinky pee", so I am thinking this one is serious...

Thanks guys, you read my rant, you have no idea how much it helps when I am sick and grouchy....hehe

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
omg I feel your pain! I have to drink water like a dying fish or else I get UTI's the second I get dehydrated. I had 3 in 2 months. Its SOOO frustrating.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Misery does love company. I have been lucky <knock on wood> and not had on lately. I have to be very diligent about urinating after a shower, any intimate contact, etc. That seems to do the trick for me. I went thru a time where it seemed like I got them at the drop of a hat.

Hoping yours clears up quickly!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I feel for you. We see patients in our department all the time with UTIs. I have only had one before, but I remember when I did, it was horrible. I know some people are more prone than others to get them but if you are getting them that often, there is either something you are doing you are not realizing(way you wipe yourself, certain sexual activities etc) that will get you to get one more often than normal.

It sounds like there should be something that can be done tho and I would make sure to go see a Dr. as soon as you are able to to put an end to this.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Oh my gosh, I feel for you!! I used to get UTIs really really frequently - I'm talking a few in a matter of months - it was awful! I haven't had one in about a year - touch wood - and I'm so thankful. My doctor referred me to a urologist, but by the time my appointment rolled around.. um... he had passed away. Hah - how's that for Canadian health care? (Ok.. maybe I'm weird, but I find it humorous in a sick, ironic way....)
Best of luck hun, hang in there!! It SUCKS. Drink lots of water! Get your antibiotics and FINISH THEM - even if you start feeling better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts