The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do your own vaccines, where to you buy them?

It's been so long since I've done my own, but with the economy and finances being what they are, I'm going to order my own for spring and give them.

Years ago I used Omaha Vaccine.

What companies do you buy from? Which company do you think is the best at shipping and service?

TIA.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My parents give shots our horses. Any farm store like Big R or even smaller feed stores generally carry all that we need.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Any that our local feed shop does not carry, we purchase from our vet. It's cheaper to buy them from the vet than pay to get them shipped out here.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
We do most of them, I think the only one we have the vet do is rabies so we have official documentation that they got it just to be safe.

We get ours from Tractor Supply Company, they are pretty cheap there.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
the vet usually does ours, but if we need to do them because were somewhere elese or something we usually just get them from the vet :)

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I do my own, I could probably pick them up from the local tractor supply, but me and my BO combine shipping charges from say ValleyVet or Jeffers, and that ends up being cheaper.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't realize TSC sold them. I will check there as I'm always in that store anyway ;) Thanks.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
^^I know down here they do--the bovine vaccines and the puppy/kitten vaccines are more common, but every once in awhile I see them in the fridge there in the livestock section, so I know they carry them.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I do my own. The closest place to buy them is 45 minutes away and with the price of gas its easier just to buy from my vet - he's really good about it.
Being able to do your own needling is a great skill to have!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I do my own fall shots and I buy them from Farm and Fleet. The vet does our spring shots.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i buy them from the vet & do them myself =]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.